radio upgrade Question..1 1/2 din?...pics of dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
was going to change my radio,something with a screen maybe.:happy107: ANYWAY.....97-2000. mines a 97 expedition. size of largest radio is what a.....1 1/2 din size, above heater/ac controls? i got a single din now with that open deep slot under it to put stuff in. plus....if i remember correctly,not to much room behind radio.

curios....to see what type of radio upgrade i can do and hope it slides in...any pics?txs all.....:cheers:

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
with some trimming I think you can put in a double din. I know I can in my 2000. I'm planning on swapping to the Jenson VX7022.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just installed a double DIN in my 2000. I didn't take any pics of the trimming. If you order from Crutchfield, they give you the instructions on where to trim. It's pretty easy.

OP
OP
aircargoo

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
double din!! wow. i dont see room. i was looking at single din with screen coming out but it doesnt look like itll look right.

they do got "some" nice 1 dins out there with 3.8 screens,bluetooth,ect....im still looking thou....

anyone have BOSS radio