Radio wire harness connection location.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Koop57

Reaction score
So I just got done replacing my heater core and I have a few wires left that need a home. One of them has to be to my radio because it doesn't power up or turn on or anything and all the wires match up. Does anyone know where its home is?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Under the dash and connected to the radio

It appears that you disconnected some connectors AND didn't reconnect them
Very hard to tell you what you did wrong

That's why its always best to mark wires when you disconnect them so you know where they go when you reconnect them.

OP
OP
K

Koop57

Reaction score
I only have two that are left. One is the radio the other just not be anything important cause I'm driving it lol. And the radio is plugged in behind the radio I'm not dumb. I looked for an hour with the dash off and couldnt find the female for the radio. I have a nice system and I really miss listening to it.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Part of the problem here is you give very little information

Ford uses many different radios in the expedition with different connectors in different years
You give no information as to which year you have Nor do you give any information as to which model you have EB or XLT You give no description as to wire colors or connectors
Yet it appears from you question you expect an answer.

The best answer that can be given is if it worked before you did the work and it doesn't work now Would for you to go back and re check all the connections .

Also keep in mind that it is not unusual to find wires just hanging and not connected
Ford will install wiring harnesses that will have connectors for the different components that may be in one model but not in another model.

And then again maybe the radio is hooked back up correctly and you blew a fuse

Past experience has taught that if it worked before any work was done and doesn't work after the work was done Then something wasn't connected back together. And any answer would be just a guess. You need to go back and re-check your work

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you can get a factory service manual on DVD that has a wiring harness and connector locator, with drawings of where things are supposed to be It may help

great thing to have regardless

OP
OP
K

Koop57

Reaction score
15112928143741548814696.jpg 15112928692791938218324.jpg 20171118_235725.jpg
2003 and I just need to know where this plug goes back into I couldn't see anywhere. Hope these answer any questions

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well Maybe if you show a picture of the back of the radio we can tell you where it goes

Is that a factory radio or aftermarket