Rancho Quick lift with Readylift spacer on top???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 2008 ford expedition and I have the readylift spacer lift and im running 35's and my front two struts are toasted. Ford is going to charge me 840$ for just the front two struts, but the front and rear struts from rancho are 840$ for front and rear. Obviously the smarter thing to do here is get the ranchos for better drive quality and for the price but I was curious if anyone here has put the readylift ontop of the rancho quick struts.... im sure its possible but has anyone here done it? I know the ranchos give it a tiny bit of lift but I need to still be able to run my 35's. if anyone has some knowledge please share, I really would like to upgrade the drive quality and still have the readylift

crector080862

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know a lot of people are going to chime in here with lot more technical explanations, but from post that I've read and research you would be ill-advised to put the spacers on top of the Ranchero lift shocks. I believe it creates too much of a angle on the rest of the components i e your ball joints and tie rods. I would also believe that you have to replace all of your brake lines.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ready lift paired with the quicklift will certainly put some of your complements out of a decent working geometry. One is already stretching it with spacers alone.

Just swap your factory shocks for a set of Bilsteins.

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/2007-2014-Expedition-Suspension-Upgrades.html

Shop around likely can find them cheaper on Amazon.

You’re looking at about $350 for the set. You’ll still use the ready lift and have a better quality product than Rancho.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Didnt a bunch of brands traditionally run rebates on shocks in october?

Expect just-shocks to run you like 250-350 for all four corners, and complete assemblies to be 600-800

OP
OP
the.beast.2008
Reaction score
welp, the dealership the truck is at went ahead and ordered them. what exactly is it going to mess up parts wise?

OP
OP
the.beast.2008
Reaction score
I can always get them to cancel the order and get shocks instead which would be cheaper, but it seemed like they said the coils were pretty beat so it was gonna have to be a new strut

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
welp, the dealership the truck is at went ahead and ordered them. what exactly is it going to mess up parts wise?

Your ball joints mainly will wear much faster.

I would highly suggest getting some aftermarket control arms as that will correct much of the issue for the front which is the biggest concern. You are down south so not much road salt a Uniball will work nicely for you.

OP
OP
the.beast.2008
Reaction score
what brand would you recommend for control arms? I was planning on selling the truck but I think im gonna keep it now that its gonna have a new suspension and be a bit taller

Your ball joints mainly will wear much faster.

I would highly suggest getting some aftermarket control arms as that will correct much of the issue for the front which is the biggest concern. You are down south so not much road salt a Uniball will work nicely for you.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since you will be fine with a Uniball I would go with ICON. Only downfall is Uniballs can get a little noisy over time.

We have lots of road salt here so a Uniball is a no go so from my reading I will be going with BDS as the use a beefed up standard style Moog ball joint.

OP
OP
the.beast.2008
Reaction score
what exactly is uniball?
I was looking at icon control arms and they are pretty pricey, was just curious if there was another brand that would be suitable for it and wouldn't be close to 900$