rear abs speed sensor location help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

collazoscesar

Reaction score
?Does anyone know where the speed sensor location is on the 04 expedition?, I was told it's on the differential and also on the transfer case, for some reason I just cant find it on the differential, I still haven't looked on the transfer case. any help is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
C

collazoscesar

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, i went to auto zone and they showed me the ones that go to wheels but then they said that those wheels ones go back to the main sensor which is usually on the differential. I'm so confused, I've looked on you tube and see lots of videos and i see them working on a abs sensor that does not have any wiring but looks like they are taking it off the differential that is held down with one bolt. sorry if i sound confused.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As posted the wiring shows them at the wheels

Principles of Operation

The anti-lock-brake control module receives wheel speed readings from each anti-lock brake sensor and processes this information to determine if an ABS event is necessary. The anti-lock brake sensor electrically senses each tooth of the anti-lock brake sensor indicators as it passes through the anti-lock brake sensor magnetic field.

The anti-lock brake control module continuously monitors and compares the rotational speed of each wheel and, when it detects an impending wheel lock, modulates brake pressure to the appropriate brake caliper. This is accomplished by triggering the hydraulic control unit (HCU) to open and close the appropriate solenoid valves. Once the affected wheel returns to normal speed, the anti-lock brake control module returns the solenoid valves to their normal position, and normal (base) braking resumes.

The anti-lock brake control module is self-monitoring. When the ignition switch is turned to the RUN position, the anti-lock brake control module will do a preliminary electrical check, and at approximately 20 km/h (12 mph) the pump motor is turned on for approximately one-half second. Any malfunction of the ABS will cause the ABS or anti-lock brake system (ABS) to shut off and the yellow anti-lock brake warning indicator to illuminate. However, the power assist braking system functions normally.

All information posted is from the Ford Workshop Manual

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wolf_Lazarus