Rear blower not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stangyog

Reaction score
I have a 2001 XLT, the rear blower will not turn on with either control. Fuse 7, & 114 ok. Blower runs fine when hooked up to 12 volt power. No power on any wires that go into the fan speed controllers on both. Temp & position controls seem to work, I can hear stuff moving in back when I turn them. Is/are there relays somewhere that could be bad... really stumped on this one.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check the aux a/c relay.

On my 99 it is located on driver side behind the cover panel for the rear a/c towards the front. May be labeled RPO Relay Box #2.

Does the front function selector switch work?
Does the front blower work?

Rear blower is supplied power from the function selector switch then the blower motor relay. After that its fused in the central junction box then to the aux a/c relay. It gets a little crazy after that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

stangyog

Reaction score
Yes, the front heater works fine. Does the power for rear blower go from the front switch to relay then rear switch, or from front switch to rear switch then to relay? Like I said I have no power on any pins going to rear blower controllers.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is the flow from pos to ground on my 99:

1) Fuse 24 in CJB - hot in run
2) Front function selector switch
3) Blower flasher relay block - blower relay switched side - branches to fuse 7 in CJB
4) After fuse 7 branches to console blower motor and to aux a/c blower relay switched side
5) Grounds at G200 - behind pass kick panel

Fuse 7 is 5amp, output wire is YE/RD at CJB
Input wire switched side to aux a/c relay is YE/RD, output is YE/BK to ground

They wired the blower motor resistors after the motor, then comes the rear speed control then ground.

Check for 12v at the YE/RD wire in CJB at fuse 7, then the G200 ground. If nothing then the aux relay. This is only testing the switched side of the relays not the load side.

OP
OP
S

stangyog

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks, I think I'll check the rear blower relay next.

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same issue the rear blower not working is my fault when me and my bro were kids the brunt of our assault was taken by the center console hahahaha but I'll check the relay as well

OP
OP
S

stangyog

Reaction score
No rear blower...still

I have an 01 XLT, i have checked all fuses and the relay beside the flasher, and all are good. Rear blower runs when hooked up to power source, blower resistor is ok. I have power through the relay, but still no blower, everything else works. No power on any terminals on the back of the blower switches for either rear controls. I'm really lost on what it could be, any help would be great!

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
try the switch on the rear console or the connections to the climate control headunit... I just took out my console and blower motor and said ehh the hell with it f150's dident have rear blower I don't need one hahaha

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From your post I'm assuming that the front blower is working. The rear blower has a fuse inline after the blower relay. On my 99 it is fuse 7 in the central junction box. From there it splits to the console blower and to the aux a/c relay located behind the driver side panel for the rear a/c up by the door.

With the ignition on acc, front selector on a/c, check for power on aux relay terminal 86 & terminal 30. Both should have 12v. Let me know what the readings are.

OP
OP
S

stangyog

Reaction score
I checked fuse 7, it's good. The relay on an 01 is behind the center console beside the flasher. It is also good. I thought I saw a diagram that said something about a resistor for the rear blower but not sure where it is. Everything else for the rear heat a/c works too, blend door and temp motors.