Rear Camera Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
barrydu4

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's true Chuck, but I still like the camera's ability to measure distance behind the Expedition. I always use the mirrors as the main tool when backing up.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The sensors on the front suck!!! Yes they’re great when parking but other than that they’re horrible. I can be sitting in traffic or at a red light and can be 10ft from the car in front of me and it will start to randomly beep. If it’s raining and the car in front of me is kicking up a good spray it will cause it to randomly go off. Drives me crazy

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The sensors on the front suck!!! Yes they’re great when parking but other than that they’re horrible. I can be sitting in traffic or at a red light and can be 10ft from the car in front of me and it will start to randomly beep. If it’s raining and the car in front of me is kicking up a good spray it will cause it to randomly go off. Drives me crazy

You might have a problem with your sensors...mine don’t do what you describe :33:

shanep99

Reaction score
This is my first post, I have a 2016 Ford Expedition Platinum 4X4, and I have found some good information on this site thanks to everyone for the collaborations. I have read on this forum and the Explorer and F-150 forums about others using an OBDII link and the FORScan software. FORScan is software used in conjunction with a specific type of OBDII adapter that enables you to make changes to your truck's default modules' settings.

I'm not sure, however, is this something that could help with the "Enhanced Park Aids" curved lines... Yet. If anyone has tried this and found out if it works that would be great! I would definitely like to implement that on my Expedition.

I like the idea of having the two side view mirrors reverse tilt when the vehicle is put in reverse and then you can set it so they auto fold when you lock your vehicle (Lincoln Style).

So many more options that can be set using the Forscan and OBDII Link. Heres a couple of links that I found really interesting about this:
Using the Forscan Software: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8dKaS_Spu4Zw4hV_CrKC4tLoP9G8yejqegF1wxIqxY/edit

List of Changes that can be made: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=815852466

From Ford Explorer Forum Options that can be changed:
https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AtiYU-yJ4Nrfyfuzp-Mi0l8A#FORScan_2011-2018_Explorers

More possible changes:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qf2gYgkhmsX-dnFO3Ki0nYUvr7aeLKsHsA0WxhDns1s/edit#gid=0

**REMEMBER To Always Make A Backup of your current working configuration before you make any changes.**

I hope this helps someone out. I am waiting to order my OBDII adapter and try a couple of small changes on my truck. I definitely want to get rid of the double horn honk when I leave the engine running and make a small pit stop. I will likely implement the reverse tilting mirrors as well.
Take care, wish you all the best on your 2017.

OP
OP
barrydu4

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chuck my wife likes the front beepers. She is bad a depth reception...lol. I like them too....lol On my old 2012 Expedition I did have some problems with the front sensors....but I learned to keep the clean and never had another problem again.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You might have a problem with your sensors...mine don’t do what you describe :33:
Could be. It’s done it since new. It was actually raining the day I picked it up from the dealer and on the way home it beeped a few times. At this point it’s not worth a trip to the dealer as it’s random so with my luck they couldn’t get it to act up for them. Plus when it starts to do it I can just hit the ok button to turn it off

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Explorer owners report the "active guidelines" feature is available only on vehicles equipped with Active Park Assist. Expedition didn't get this until 2018. But, at least one person says they had them on an Explorer Limited that did not have this option.

2007-14 Expeditions do appear to have a steering angle sensor. I don't know for sure yet about 2015-17 but it's a good bet they do as well. F150s have them.

For 2015-17 Expedition with MyTouch or SYNC3, it *might* be possible to enable "active guidelines" using FORScan. Hopefully someone on this forum can figure it out. Here's more info:

http://www.forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2087