Rear Hatch Delay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love the hatch mounted button over the stupid interior mounted button that you need to take cover from.
I'm still trying to learn the foot trick that opens and closes the hatch. So far I'e learned that hooking up a trailer the foot thing is great at opening the hatch and slamming it right into your face.

The foot trick feature should have never made it to production without being able to disable it with a button on the dash, etc. I have disconnected the antenna on mine to avoid getting smacked when it opens/closes on it's own. My favorite was loading items in the trunk area, and having it close on the back of your head!

Bonji

Reaction score
You just described the purpose of the kick-to-close feature.

My favorite was loading items in the trunk area, and having it close on the back of your head!

My kick sensors must get too much mud or something...worked once at the dealer. I am happy not to get the surprise smack...and prefer the Gen 3 version of the button. Just personal preference.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try putting a ball mount in the receiver hitch, that lift gate flies open and tries to break your nose! lol.

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where is the kick sensor at and what does it look like? It's very hard to get ours to work. It does work once in a while but you have to wave your foot under about 20 times. I have looked underneath and cant see anything.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same...one swift kick in and out (no side to side) and it works like a champ. Although I go to the left of the hitch not right up the middle.
The swift move is key here.... in and out, no delay at the top. It took me a couple times before I learned the motion that the sensor desired. Other than the hitch obscuring the sensor occasionally it works every time.

doktoroktobor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The swift move is key here.... in and out, no delay at the top. It took me a couple times before I learned the motion that the sensor desired. Other than the hitch obscuring the sensor occasionally it works every time.
I spent at least 5 minutes trying every kind of kick possible the other day and the dang thing wouldn't open. I crawled around underneath and couldn't see a sensor. Then I get home and walk past the trunk and it pops open unexpectedly! Maybe it's just me....

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I spent at least 5 minutes trying every kind of kick possible the other day and the dang thing wouldn't open. I crawled around underneath and couldn't see a sensor. Then I get home and walk past the trunk and it pops open unexpectedly! Maybe it's just me....
Idk. Just reading what everyone’s experiencing it seems like each sensor is completely different than the next.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt