Rear wheel spacers (hub centric)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wermad

Reaction score
Just installed my wheels and fresh tires, noticed the rears are tucked in a bit. I need to measure when I get a chance to use a leveled surface but it looks like about 1/2" should put it at the same width as the fronts.

The wheels are Concept neeper javv6 24s (width I believe is 10") and tires are 305-35. Offset looks like it's 35mm+ based on the stamp inside the spokes.

Wondering if I need hub centric spacers and which id? Please don't suggest those massive adapter spacers; I don't need 1.5" tbh.

2007 limited 2wd.

Btw, tpms warning kicked in about a week after installing the wheels. Currently it limits our truck to 4k. Training tool on its way from ebay ~$35 (vs 100 from a shop to do the training). Wheels came from an 08 Navi with fitted belt sensors so I'm hoping there's no drama to get them going. Not a bad thing but I do miss hard accelerations (not the wife).

Thanks!

LL

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as long as the wheels are clearing the calipers dont worry about it...mine were the same way with my 24s and with my current 26s...if u have ocd and MUST do something just buy some regular spacers from a rim shop or look on ebay...$15 tops for 1/8" spacers...

with the tpms...u should use the sensors from ur wheels and put them in the new rims...thats what i did with my 24s and 26s...i used my oem sensors from my 17" wheels...how are u limited to 4K...what does that mean?

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would def do hubcentric. I don't know the diameter for them. Also at 1/2" check how much the studs will stick out. Make sure you have enough to fully engage the lug nuts.

I was told the TPMS sensors with sometimes lose connection from the computer shortly after being set up and would need to be redone. However the aftermarket ones are not as good as the Ford sensors. I had one die a week after putting the new wheels on my truck.

OP
OP
wermad

wermad

Reaction score
as long as the wheels are clearing the calipers dont worry about it...mine were the same way with my 24s and with my current 26s...if u have ocd and MUST do something just buy some regular spacers from a rim shop or look on ebay...$15 tops for 1/8" spacers...

with the tpms...u should use the sensors from ur wheels and put them in the new rims...thats what i did with my 24s and 26s...i used my oem sensors from my 17" wheels...how are u limited to 4K...what does that mean?

Its not too bad and probably a 1/4" would make it less obvious (to me :p). The wheels were off an 08 Navigator. The seller bought it w/ them and said the first owner had put them on his navi. The sensors did work for the seller and said he bought new ones for his new wheels. When the expy was in the shop for new tires, I did see they were belt sensors and I totally for got to ask the guys to make sure they were opposite of the valve stem (I'm sure they did and i just kept myself from annoyingly hovering). Since the tpms warning kicked in, I can't accelerate past 4k rpms. Even if I shift it it won't kick in. Its ok though, since I try not to get too crazy w/ my family on board.

On a side note, no hard accelleration means no check engine w/ misfires kicking in. Looks like its time for new spark plugs :pp:. I'm hoping my cuz a ford tech can help me out...

I would def do hubcentric. I don't know the diameter for them. Also at 1/2" check how much the studs will stick out. Make sure you have enough to fully engage the lug nuts.

I was told the TPMS sensors with sometimes lose connection from the computer shortly after being set up and would need to be redone. However the aftermarket ones are not as good as the Ford sensors. I had one die a week after putting the new wheels on my truck.

I have not found any hubcentric spacers under 1.5" but as I mentioned to 6k, I may just throw in some 1/4" and call it a day. If i do go w/ more, I may just swap the studs for longer ones.

The sensors were on a 08 Navigator for a few years and were included w/ the wheels. They're belt and I'm sure they're aftermarket. The training tool is on its way and should be in by this end of this week. I've been doing my research and there's tricks to get the aftermarket sensors to play with the training tool. Tool was only $35 off ebay which is less then what most shops asked for in doing the job only ($50-100). Plus, I enjoy doing stuff myself if possible.

Thanks guys :headbang:

Another on the to-do list: water entering the driver's side tail-light (something I'm discovering happens on the 3rd gens).

OP
OP
wermad

wermad

Reaction score
Just an quick update, got the tpms training tool today, earlier then expected. Hazard light steps didn't work so i found a vid from a ford tech. Did the key and brake pedal steps and got it going. Made sure the tires were @ the max psi per manufacturer before starting. Once under way, it was very easy and the warning has gone away. sensors were oposite of the valve stems (belt sensors). Freeway test drive and it runs so much smoother and I can now kiss 5k w/ no issues! Tpms is very intrusive and restrictive in these trucks but I can understand why.

Last edited: