Recall just announced FSB:18B21

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The TSB may have something to do with the STOP/START system unless it has been defeated

Amacron

Reaction score
Is there a sticky with all the safety recalls with the 2018. This is the only I have seen about it.

JJ461

Reaction score
TSBs are updates that the manufacturers put out to improve a vehicle... basically like your iPhone or Firefox updates. They are used to fix bugs or enhance performance.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok.... what are the technical bulletins or more importantly where do we find them??

But more directly to your question, I’m not aware of an “official” list of TSBs, but here’s a third party site that does it: http://www.fordproblems.com/vehicles/expedition/tsbs/

You can see there are literally hundreds of TSBs for various model years. There is only 1 TSB listed for the 2018 and deals with an issue I had with my 2018 on the 4WD hub actuator. This new one isn’t there yet, I assume, because this is a third party site and just hasn’t been updated yet.

Again, TSBs are just notices FoMoCo issues to help service departments fix issues. They are essentially a technical summary of a known issue and the identified corrective action. They don’t address safety issues, just things that don’t work quite right so if someone comes in with an issue, the service department can just search the TSBs and see if it’s something that’s been seen before and quickly fix it. Before the FordPass app, you would likely never know about a TSB being issued because owners aren’t usually notified.

Recalls are safety related and must be run through the NHTSA. They are serious items and you can find them on the NHTSA website (safercar.gov).

TL;DR: TSBs are usually no big deal - recalls are what to pay attention to.

But of course, I’m just some rando on the Internet; if you’re worried or concerned about anything with your vehicle, take it to your service department and have it checked out and addressed as they recommend.

Last edited:

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have already taken mine in for this "service" The dealer took about an hour to do a software upgrade to fix an issue with the auto stop feature... It was painless.