Regular or Premium

Regular or Premium?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Thats true! I cant find any plain gas here in Tennessee and not one Sunoco station for miles...my gas mileage has dropped...using V-power shell 93 with 10% ethanol...the Sunoco I found 15 miles away is no longer there...she really liked that juice...

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fill up again with no ethanol gas when you are empty again and you will see more gain as the old gas is out

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I did not get the opportunity to fill up with no ethanol because I had to take a trip for work and I couldn't take the time to look for it. I did see that I got about 280 miles to the tank but that includes towing a 3500lb 16' enclosed trailer for 90 miles on the interstate. I thought that was alright.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bundy

Reaction score
Well.............we have blender pumps in SD and true you will get 10-15% less mpg with 10% ethonal but at times almost .50 gal difference so you have to do the math. But I have been running 30% to 50% ethonal and getting better mpg than reg fuel,but the 85% gets way les mpg, say 20%............don't ask me I don't know why:favorites13:

Last edited:

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use premium all the time, these engines dont seem to like regular gas they always run better on premium and i sure dont mind paying 20 cents more a gallon knowing my trucks gonna be running at its best and making the most use out of the fuel. i figure it like this my gf got a 94 lincoln town car with a 4.6 v8 had no problems when she got it, now her moms driving it and running it on 87 octane and the service engine light is on, it sputters, misfires and now has fouled up the plugs. saving that 20 cents a gallon was really worth it wasnt it?

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
baker I swear there are so many idiots that come in my gas station and put 87 in there expos then they whine "these trucks are sh*t they run like crap" one day i told one of them use the 93 next time u come in if the truck isnt running better ill buy your damn gas for you. his truck ran so much better on 93. Im 19 I dont make alot of money but when it comes to fueling up Ill only use 93 or higher Im not gonna cheap out and f**k up my truck to save a dollar

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and i really hate when someone talks crap about these trucks if you wanted a sh*tbox to beat up and use crappy gas in u should of bought a honda or a toyota not a real mans truck.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
baker I swear there are so many idiots that come in my gas station and put 87 in there expos then they whine "these trucks are sh*t they run like crap" one day i told one of them use the 93 next time u come in if the truck isnt running better ill buy your damn gas for you. his truck ran so much better on 93. Im 19 I dont make alot of money but when it comes to fueling up Ill only use 93 or higher Im not gonna cheap out and f**k up my truck to save a dollar

I went from 9mpg city to 15 city and 11 highway to 20 to 22. I run pure 93 or better octane gasoline and drive for mileage...easy take offs, time my lights, use the cruise...I just filled up yesterday and went 340 miles on a tank of gas city driving......you will only get so much out of a 7,000lb truck...I wouldn't have bought mine with a 4.6 that's a junk motor in my opinion...