Remote Starter Wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
UP, I had a similar DEI alarm to the one you have in my Pathfinder. All those features you mentioned can be programmed. I had mine programmed for the low voltage one. Everything else I left alone simply because I just really need the remote start. I now have the Viper Smart Start in my Expedition. I love the fact that I can use my phone to control all of my vehicles that have the Smart Start installed. I dont have to carry all those different remotes.

I've been wanting the smart start viper alarm since it came out! does it ever "not respond" I read the reviews on the app from the app market this happens alot in the morning and the afternoon?

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there have been a couple of times that it didnt respond but not enough for me to say its crap. ive been very happy with mine. i know a lot of people complained about the lag time but i got used to it and i time it all perfectly now. if im leaving the mall ill hit the unlock when i go through the mall doors instead of right in front of the truck. the lag is because of the phone basically calling the truck and saying unlock the door.

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just be carefull of where the wireing is run and how its tied in, i have had 3 fires due to my remote starter and alarm, and now it is reaking havic on my electrical system bad, i have a miss fire on cyl 7 that is where my starter is tied in, new plug, new coil, and replaced a bunch of wireing, and still have same issue, I would recomend a nice warm coat at the 2 seconds it takes to go start it a few minutes earlier, my remote start will be disconected my next day off, im done with the head aches its coused over the last 3 years, then as soon as winters over I think the expy is going bye bye, I need a crew cab pick up, looking at f350s, cant pull my trailer with the expy,

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been wanting the smart start viper alarm since it came out! does it ever "not respond" I read the reviews on the app from the app market this happens alot in the morning and the afternoon?

the viper is what I have, and it was installed at a repectable shop, and still having major issues

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
will you be that far from your truck that you need the app on the phone...get a good remote start...i've read some that say theyre good for 2000ft...thats over a mile!!!

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its not just the distance. its the fact that if i have two or more vehicles i dont want to carry more than one transmitter on my key chain. with the smart start i have all the vehicles in one transmitter (my phone). its a convienience thing. i have 3 vehicles and i refuse to carry 3 remotes.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 remotes...vs monthly payments...i think its like $50-$80 per month subscription...i'll carry the remotes

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope. No monthly. Its a year subscription. Calculated its about 0.13 cents a day. Not too bad.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$.13 x 30...$40 per month? x 12...$480 per year? just me but i'll carry the fobs instead of spending $500 per year

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No man. Its not a monthly fee. You pay for the year. Thats it. Not monthly.