Roof rails/track bolts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad8314

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2000 EB expedition and was wondering if anyone has pictures with the headliner out or pictures of the bolts that hold the roof rails down(underside of roof).

Does anyone know if these mount points are decent on expeditions?
Eventually I will pull the headliner and look for myself but thought maybe someone on here has already worked with them so I could kinda get an idea before I start.

I'll be getting a roof top boat loader soon and will have to build a rack to mount it to.

I defiantly will not be using the factory crossbars as they are pretty wimpy.

On previous vehicles I've been fortunate enought that they all had solid drip rails to mount to, no such luck on the expedition.

If the factory mount points for the rail/tracking is decent I will fab some towers and crossbars that mount from them.

If the factory mount point aren't stout enough I"ll have to go a different route.

Thanks

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not on this, but on my '97 Explorer.

67BA376F-D014-457E-AA51-C15E4AE901EA.jpg

This is what you don't see behind the headliner:
DB03C0D2-8AA3-4261-A038-2430CBA376EE.jpg

This is the screw head:
EE3DBA4A-8458-4382-B115-914F2F105A98.jpg

OP
OP
B

Brad8314

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures, much appreciated!
Assuming the expedition is the same as the explorer I will have to do something different as those don't look strong enough for my liking.

If I was just strapping somthing down I'm sure they would suffice but don't think they would hold up well to the upward pull from the boat loader.