Rotor job cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fasterthanlight

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2007 and after our wicked cold and sloppy winter, I now have bouncing in my brakes when I stop. From experience, I know this to be rotors. How much should it cost me to replace the rotors at a shop?

B

bedrck46

you could check e-bay to see what new rotors would cost

Very hard to give you a price on what they would cost from a shop as they may charge different prices and shops in my area may charge more or less than shops in your area.

Would be best if you call around and that way you would know the cost and decide on which way you want to go

OP
OP
F

fasterthanlight

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rotors should not be that expensive from what I see. The cost of the job in hours is what I was looking for. I know there is a range of pricing, but an estimate is okay.

Some shops here won't quote, because they think you are the competition looking to outbid them. Great customer service, IMO.

B

bedrck46

your question has too many variables in it do you want cheap rotors? Mid range rotors? top of the line rotors? do you want cheap labor or high priced labor. Plus labor rates may vary in different parts of the country. So anyone that gives you a price here on the forum is only giving you a guess Again best bet would be for you to talk to different shops and see what they would charge you That way you will have a bottom line price. Also based on you saying " From experience, I know this to be rotors" I would bet that you have had rotors replaced in the past and already have an idea of cost.

OP
OP
F

fasterthanlight

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like I sure did. I did not end up having them done, so I would not know the cost.
The original issue was brake squealing and was trying to get prepared for a rotor/brake pad job.

I am only looking for an idea on front (pair) replacement, medium quality, rotors.

B

bedrck46

then call a local shop as that is where you will get the best advice/quote from If you can't get a price over the phone then take the time to go to the shops. And again they will be in the position to take all the guess work out of prices and you will know the bottom line

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bedrck46

Looks like I sure did. I did not end up having them done, so I would not know the cost.
The original issue was brake squealing and was trying to get prepared for a rotor/brake pad job.

I am only looking for an idea on front (pair) replacement, medium quality, rotors.

So back in May 2012 you were looking to replace rotors and pads all around and in the past almost 2 years you been driving around on the rotors and pads that you wanted to replace.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A motivated mechanic could do a 4 wheel rotor and pad change in under 1.5-2 hrs assuming someone else looks up the parts, he doesn't run into any problems and the delivered parts are correct.
As far as cost, just like others have posted, depends on where you are and what your willing to pay. In my area it ranges from $85-100 per hour. The shop will also mark up the parts a certain amount. When all said and done, I've read others stating around $600-800 for a 4 wheel brake job. The price would go up if calipers or anything else needs replacing.
Why not do it yourself?

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rotors should not be that expensive from what I see. The cost of the job in hours is what I was looking for. I know there is a range of pricing, but an estimate is okay.

Some shops here won't quote, because they think you are the competition looking to outbid them. Great customer service, IMO.

That would be illegal if they didn't tell you the price before they worked on it...