rust sucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
love the lightning swap you did to your xlt. that video is sick. that was a 4 wheel drive launch ?

Thank you. :)

Was left in A4wd. It does activate the auto 4wd when I hit it from a dead stop. I have pulled fuse 104 and it will light up the rear tires everytime if I punch it. 2wd is no fun because you must 'pedal' it or basically feed into the throttle gently for traction.

OP
OP
E
Reaction score
Thank you. :)

Was left in A4wd. It does activate the auto 4wd when I hit it from a dead stop. I have pulled fuse 104 and it will light up the rear tires everytime if I punch it. 2wd is no fun because you must 'pedal' it or basically feed into the throttle gently for traction.

i bet. my brother had a lightning. burnt tires everywhere. i also pulled fuse 104 because of the a4wd kicking in while turning.. at first i thought something was broken. but seems to be a common thing with these suv's .. i'll be cutting the brown wire here soon.

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i bet. my brother had a lightning. burnt tires everywhere. i also pulled fuse 104 because of the a4wd kicking in while turning.. at first i thought something was broken. but seems to be a common thing with these suv's .. i'll be cutting the brown wire here soon.

Brown wire mod is the best thing u can do to your truck. I have a switch so when I go up to Tennessee and its snowing I just turn it on and have no problem

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I don't know, some form of cancer for cars. they say the winter causes it but it's just a legend here in Alabama...

It not winter that causes it but salted wet roads. Nothing like spraying your vehicle with highly corrosive salt water or chemicals they use to treat the roads. And it doesn't exactly just rinse off either. It is location dependent because even in the snow belt different areas treat roads differently.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
What's rust? Vehicles don't rust where I live.

Can you please locate me a 2000 - 02 rust free Expedition 4wd. Doesn't even have to run ..... just need a rust free frame/body in good condition.

:)

Could even provide you with a finders fee..

Last edited:

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you please locate me a 2000 - 02 rust free Expedition 4wd. Doesn't even have to run ..... just need a rust free frame/body in good condition.

:)

Could even provide you with a finders fee..

i'll keep my eyes open too, you just missed a few good rollers on CL here a couple months ago.. one of them I pulled the fenders and ac compressor from (it was a 98 4wd though)

Nothing local to me right now, only a few 2wd with bad engine and one with bad oil pump...$600 to $1000

Last edited: