seat heater repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlo82585

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey y'all just wanted to see if anyone here has repaired their heated seats before? my driver side one isnt working and being in Iowa I would love to have it working before it get really cold. Any tips or advice is appreciated.

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used to have a source for the factor seat heating element - now? I can't find them. You may wish to consider aftermarket; probably cheaper.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check Rock auto under interior/seat heater pad or Dorman or e-bay

Heater element can be repaired but wire is very small gauge and could possibly break again

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
rockauto shows the seat heater connector, but the pad? That's actually one complaint I have about rockauto - their method of part-finding is a pain in the ass sometimes.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
rockauto shows the seat heater connector, but the pad? That's actually one complaint I have about rockauto - their method of part-finding is a pain in the ass sometimes.

not a pain in the ass when you look in the correct sections see my previous post that says where to look

But you are also correct in that they also show the connector in another category

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interior

Seat Heater Pad

There is a big difference between a connector and a pad not only in price but also in visual looks

Last edited:

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interior "seat heater pad" isn't an option on my view. I know there's a difference. I'm saying the connector is listed but I don't see the pad. My ex needs one for her 02 F150.

Okay - I just looked for the expy, and there it is. But it's NOT listed for the F150 of the same year. Freaky. That's the point with my pain-in-the-ass comment. RockAuto doesn't list the SAME part across all models; at the very least, in this case.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2002F150_interior.jpg
    2002F150_interior.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry Thought your comments were for the OP and his 02 expedition Not for your ex's 02 F150

Being your looking for a part for the F150 you might want to check on that forum Maybe someone will be able to give you a source for the part

since dorman makes the part for the expedition you may want to check and see what they may have for a F150

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
(sigh). Again...it's the SAME part. Don't condescend. I am very good at the internets.

OP
OP
J

jlo82585

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks for the help guys. I ended up finding a very good video on youtube for an 03' f-150 on how to test them so im not sure if it will work on an expie or not but it was informative none the less. Im going to try to find the connector and just ohm it to confirm the element is bad, then I may or may not replace.. replacement pads on rock auto are $75 and in my experience you will never get the seat cover to fit as tight as it was on there after you take it apart..