Shocks question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milwaukee

Reaction score
It for 99 Expedition eddie bauier 4wd.

Here problem I am facing it been convert to non-air shocks.

Front shocks had coil spring on it. It Monroe. It $140 for 2 shocks. Can I just use regular shocks Monroe gas LT it $20 each.

On rear shocks it look normal type.

Problem I had right now it ride like float boat down highway. Found broke sway bar link. Fix that but I haven't drive yet. I know 1 shock on front passenger are SHOT it leak oil over it.

Is there way to make ride firm not float?

BANGEREXPO76

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make sure all of your suspension parts are functional and tight. Ball joints, tie rods pittman arm, idler arm and the shocks are all a good start. Good luck with it.

RocketTech

Reaction score
99 4X4 Expeditions have torsion bar front suspension. If you have coil springs on the front, you do not have 4 wheel drive.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If he had air ride converted to non-air ride, then he would have a set of coils in the front. Even if it is 4x4. Anyways, I used the same $20 Monroe shocks in all 4 corners of my truck, the front set honestly broke their seals in about a week. Right back to the floating boat syndrome. I put Rancho's in the front and it has rode much better ever since. Cheap Monroe's are still in the back.

Last edited:

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i'm running KYB's on mine and i love the ride. not harsh, handling and body roll are well taken care of. the words floaty never come to mind. in fact i just bought a set of KYBs for my explorer since i was happy with them on the expedition.