Should I trade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liftedpsd

Reaction score
Recently I bought a 2006 Eddie Bauer expedition. I love it but it is 2wd. I'm thinking about trading it in on an 04 Eddie Bauer expedition with more options and 4wd. I'd most likely get money back on the trade just don't know how much yet. What do you guys think?

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
trade. it's a 4x4 plus it has the 2v 5.4 so you can do the the lightning blower mod. plus it's still a second gen so you still get the benefits.

OP
OP
L

liftedpsd

Reaction score
Mine has 93k an the other one has 106k. How much should I expect back from the trade? Dealer is calling me Monday.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with the mileage being close and the older one haveing more options and 4x4, i'd say you should be at an even swap or close to either way. just check to make sure the 4x4 works as well as the additional options.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Since you live in Florida I would say you will never have to worry about snow. So the question is do you ever plan to go off roading. If not there is no need for 4wd. If you do then go for it.

Keep in mind the dealer will only do it if there is some profit to made by him in some way by doing this trade. Just business.

OP
OP
L

liftedpsd

Reaction score
Ok thanks.. Ya it has heated and cooled seats, 4x4 and also has air suspension. Not so sure about air suspension. Do they have a lot of problems with that or is it nothing to worry about?

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I can tell you I have seen many post about converting to standard suspension after they have issues with it. Not sure of the pros and cons with it. You might try a search on this site.

Im sure some with experience with it will chime in.

Reaction score
The 04 has about 40 less hp than your 06, and it's going to weigh more if it's 4x4 so mpg will go down too.. Just something to think about. But the heated and cooled seats are nice.

OP
OP
L

liftedpsd

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. And yes I know dealer will only do it if it profits them.. I think it'd be easier for them to sell a 2006 than a 2004. And while I don't use 4x4 much my parents live on a dirt road and when it rains it pours and floods. Plus a lot of the areas I'm at are dirt roads and even when they aren't if you pull over on side of road it's a grove with sugar sand and these heavy vehicles hate sugar sand.. That's about the only reason I'd get a 4x4 and probably after the new year I'll get an edge programmer for it to help with power and mileage. Hopefully I'll get good news Monday.