Show me your HOODS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm looking for an aftermarket hood for my 03' EB Expedition. I seem to like the cowl induction style but there's a lot of choices. Anyone have pictures of hoods they've seen or installed themselves?- please post pictures.

Along with a different hood, knowing that I'm going to install a supercharger, I'm looking for ideas on painting the hood slightly different than stock to make the truck a little more noticeable. Any ideas of what's popular nowadays? I've seen a pattern somewhere along the line that I liked, it's a stripe but at the same time the stripe has dashes or brakes in it, and it fades away. I can't seem to remember where I saw that pattern. I'd like to do something similar to that with silver or gold on top of the Wedgwood blue hood.

I'm goin for a slightly different look, eventually nicer wheels but nothing crazy. In the end I'm trying to make the truck look as if it's a factory built "S/C Edition" of the Expedition. Everything I add will be functional, and clean install, but not ridiculous looking.

Thanks

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
THERES THE SARONA HOOD (SIMILAR TO THE CERVINI HOOD FOR THE F-150S) WHICH LOOKS GOOD

PART:
http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/...ods/fiberglass_hoods/sarona/saro00129820.html

PICS ON AN EXPY
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3111170/2004-ford-expedition

SALEEN MAKES RIMS FOR THE S331 (F150) THAT BOLT RIGHT UP WITHOUT LOOKING TO "BALLER" YOU CAN FIND ON EBAY FOR A DECENT PRICE

SALEEN 23'S WITH A 2" DROP
http://www.f150online.com/forums/members/kr619-albums-garage+-+****+box-picture147563-expy.html

THAT CARDOMAIN SITE IS AN AWESOME TOOL FOR IDEAS, I DO BELIEVE THERES A WHITE EB WITH A BLACK STRIPE IF THATS YOUR THING IM NOT A BIG FAN OF THE EB PAINT SCHEME WITH A STRIPE. I'D GO SOLID THEN ADD A STRIPE OR TWO TONE. HOPE THIS HELPS IN THE DECISION PROCESS

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2-tone...or solid kandy paint...that's what i'm looking @...if not that...do some crazy graphic paint scheme

OP
OP
joezek

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for those links, nice rims too.

For a cowl induction hood I'm thinking of something like this but wider:

I'm having a hard time finding 2003 hoods. Most I find are for 97-2002.

Attachments

• 56200-lg.jpg
    56200-lg.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 288

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what i recommend to everyone is to pick up a TRUCKIN, Street Trucks, or some type of magezine like that...go to their websites...then search google/ebay/any other site for similar products...$5-$6 dollars plus you get to see pics and have a good of the articles

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
search ebay for a hood... thats where I got mine from... almost stole it at the price I paid for it plus it is steel... I would never get a fiberglass hood

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah...i found a hood on ebay for $400...its like the sonoma hood you have the link for

OP
OP
joezek

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm pretty confused about which hood fits my 2003. Some ads say it fits 97-02 expedition and 97-03 F-150. Other ads for the same hood say it fits 97-03 expedition/F-150.

Is the 2003 Expedition hood not interchangeable with the 02 hood? Is the 03 F-150 hood the same as an 02, but not 03?

It's like the 2003 is the forgotten year, hard to find a lot of stuff for it. I think that's the first year of the new body style. I'm thinking that I can start searching for 2004 or 2005 hoods to widen my range of choices, those fit right?

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There aren't many hoods for the 03-06 models, and the Expedition hoods do not interchange with the F150's.

Cervinis has a nice design that they made for their F150 but its looks to me that it will work on an Expedition

1181_1_middle.png

I would have bought that one but I wanted a hood that nobody else had, so I built my own.

DSC_0096.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2