Show me your HOODS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On a vehicle that size we start at 10K. Thats price is for a basecoat/clearcoat (not Candy) color change which includes jams and underhood. Basically if were doing a color change the truck would be taken apart and repainted to the extent mine truck was. We only repaint one way here, we don't cut corners. That price doesn't include dents and significant body work. Thats not interior work either.

OP
OP
joezek

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love that silver stripe with the snake skin pattern. Since I know nothing about custom painting, how do you make that pattern? Is there a template of some sort, maybe using a vinyl graphic sticker as the template? If I get a hood with the style having two side by side scoops then I'd like to paint it the factory blue, and have two silver stripes from the grill up to the scoop inlets (just a thought). It would be pretty damn cool to add a pattern to the silver, otherwise the stripes may be too wide looking by themselves.

Also, that hood part # 705700 came out of their online PDF catalog from Reflexxion. The picture in their PDF catalog looks different then the one in that link I posted. They list different part numbers for the F-150 vs Expedition in Reflexxion's catalog.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i know you can get snake print by taking pantyhose and stressing it across the body where you want the paint to be. thats what i've seen. there could be other ways though too.

how hard is it to paint fiberglass parts good? like fenders and hoods?

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We developed a snake skin style design and then used a plotter to create in in a vinyl mask. That was the easiest way to accomplish what we needed to do. As far as fiberglass parts are concerned, it depends on the quality of the part. If we're working on a decent part we'll sand the gelcoat and fill any imperfections, then we'll epoxy prime the part. After the epoxy is good and cured, we then resand and then add several coats of a 2K fill primer. After that more block sanding before we actually apply color & clear. To do it right its a process.

terry101

Reaction score
Hello,
I needed a new roofing done.
Can anyone please tell me where I can get it done.