Slight misfire no cel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogre20012001

Reaction score
I need help.
2003 5.4 with intermittent miss at idle and a miss under load but it's not enough to set the check engine light.
It feels just like the last time I had a bad cop that was weak and not completely failed however that time it set the cel.
I need help to diagnose where my problem is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeD

Reaction score
I would recommend checking the plugs. I have eliminated the symptoms you describe by replacing the plugs and boots.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What they said!

OP
OP
ogre20012001

ogre20012001

Reaction score
When was the last tune up performed and how many miles are on the engine since then?
About 6-9 months ago maybe little longer. No mor than 15,000 miles.
Did it my self changed all plugs and cop then about 3 month latter #7 cop took a crap on me and I changed just that coil and boot.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you had any coolant leaks above the coils? If your checking plugs, pull a few of the easy front ones. With only 15k on plugs, doubtful plugs are bad. It's a slight misfire, so that can be something as simple as insufficient fuel flow . When it shudders is it soft, or jerky? Soft is usually fuel related.

OP
OP
ogre20012001

ogre20012001

Reaction score
Have you had any coolant leaks above the coils? If your checking plugs, pull a few of the easy front ones. With only 15k on plugs, doubtful plugs are bad. It's a slight misfire, so that can be something as simple as insufficient fuel flow . When it shudders is it soft, or jerky? Soft is usually fuel related.

Jerky
No coolant leaks

OP
OP
ogre20012001

ogre20012001

Reaction score
Last time I did tune up I thought it might be injectors so they are all new at last tune up along with fuel filter.
Forgot to mention that.
Also used motorcraft injectors.