Smelling The Radiator!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparkone

Reaction score
For some reason I'm smelling the radiator everytime I get out the Expy. It's a 2002 Eddie Bauer, isn't leaking, don't see any leaks around manifold, WHAT IS UP???

OP
OP
S

sparkone

Reaction score
Found the leak! It's on the Passenger side, no hoses are around, So is it cracked? I'm not running hot, and it's dripping in the fan shroud. The container that holds the atifreeze won't let you fill it all the way up, but it maintains a good level,with a little coming out everyhday. Any info would be great!

cwshakey

Reaction score
Is it coming out of the radiator? it could be a small crack but not big enough to release pressure. How much is it leaking exactly. you could also try radiator repair solution for a temporary fix if it is a small leak....looks like a new radiator will run close to $200.00 if you need one.

OP
OP
S

sparkone

Reaction score
I found one on ebay for 116.00 free shipping, lifetime warranty. I think that's the way I'm going. I had a friend come over today , and when we inspected it,it seems the transmission oil is mixing with the radiator,hence the reddish watery crap drippng from under the expy. I'm just gonna deal with it till the new one comes in.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if the tranny fluid and coolant are.mixing you should deal with it soon as antifreeze will eat the clutches in the tranny good luck

OP
OP
S

sparkone

Reaction score
Do you think this is causing the expy to stutter when on interstate? It shifts into gear fine, but when i'm riding with little gas , it stutters. But when I let go of the gas,then press again, everythings fine. Any input?