SoCal Offroad Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

etrailer

Reaction score
I heard back from my Curt contact. They do indeed have a front mount hitch that will fit 2003-2006 Expeditions 4WD that came equipped with tow hooks from the factory. We have updated our fit guide on our site.

As long as the forum Admins/Mods are OK with it, I can compile a whole list of front mount hitches with links to their pages on our site and links to the instruction files so you guys can make sure you find the right hitch and get a closer look at how they would install.

Patrick

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its not the ruts that will be the problem for smoothe if it rains, it will be the mud slicks when he is trying to control his slide INTO the ruts! hahaha. if its wet, i definitely see you pulling him out a lot during that trip. some of those ruts he wont get out of by himself if its muddy.

yeah but that makes it much more funn! haha and if we wait a week itll dry up a lot out there and be like a sticky mudd. not to slick. hard to explain. but still would be funn. but i think we should postpone the trip till you get back nvy. but if smooth and talls still want to go on the 15th or when ever were going im fine with that.
o and even if there is mud. we all have all terrains not mud terrains. well... idk about talls. maybe him too. so mud is just going to collect in there instead of clean out.

Last edited:

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I still want to go on the 15th... that's a good day for me and I won't be available often after that. I looked at the weather and it's supposed to be sunny all week before friday so I'm thinking it should be pretty dry. Also, aren't we going to be going mostly downhill since we're going all the way through this time?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah thats true. but there are some times where it is up hill. like i know the end goes under the 8 and then up and around. but okay the 15th should work. ill talk to the girl and see if she wants to come. and no dog this time. haha

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so just an update. the 15th works perfect with me. still gotta tell the boss not to call me in that day. gf is coming. and we need more people. so talls you coming? and i pmed mikegigabite b/c he lives over by my friends house. 1 block away. no kiding. my friend was showing me this sick ass expo that he wanted and sure enough it was his. haha but still no responce. and smooth ur still coming right? and nvy hope all goes well with ur house hunting.

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hope you guys have fun. wish i was going. good news is i got approved for the loan i want and i look at the house i want next friday. hopefully they take my bid. its 5bed 1bath 2400 sq feet with 5.5 acres, surrounded by nothing but corn fields! perfect for hunting!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
holy crap! thats going to be one stinky bathroom. haha i wouldnt mind a nice piece of land like that! get some deer going on the property and bang! dinner. haha

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
trust me, first order of business is hunting!....then a 2nd bathroom! hahahhahah. my father is a carpenter so between him and I, i think we can manage. plus his specialty is bathrooms and kitchens so i think im good!

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nvy.. sounds like you found a nice place, someday I hope I can get a place with a big piece of ground.
Panda, I'm still good for the 15th, I'll probably have 1 or 2 people with me. What time should we meet? The recovery strap I ordered should be here monday, and I think I might have found a (safe) way to put on hooks on the front without removing the bumper.. will post results once I get the parts.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
o nice nvy. yeah i would say a new bathroom is in order. ive always wanted a big chunk of land and big garage. and a kind of big house. haha
smooth, okay hopefully it works. my gfs coming with me and ill see if my friend wants to come. but as it looks its only going to be our trucks. not that big of a deal. o crap! i dont have a hi lift! ill bring my floor jack. itll work. i should have bought the one i saw on craigslist for $30. stupid! o well. and the weathers going to be high 70s so cooler this time around. and ill say the morning. 8ish again at the frys? or where ever. o and you have a new tire pump right? cause mine is in the dump now. it got toasted.