Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mubarakma

Reaction score
Hello everone

I'm planinng to swap MPH speedometer with one with KPH . The one I have is having some burn out bulbs so I will open it at any case
the question is how to remove speedometer?
What is the requirment to keep the vihicle milage ? In Town car it's easy no need to program anything just use old board and no need to program anything but in Expedition I don't know
If it so complicated I will ignore it
My car is 2010 Limited
Thank you in Advance

ve3cnp

Reaction score
I have the same question.
My 2007 Expedition has the MPH speedo which has kph in small print which I find tough to read.
After a couple of speeding tickets I thought I would try and change it. All other digital gauges will switch between US and Metric.
Does anyone know if an overlay is available for the instrument cluster?
Can I change the speedo itself for a kph unit, Ford oem or a GPS unit?
Would I be able to just switch in a used Canadian spec instrument cluster?
Open to ideas and suggestions
Peter

bodabdan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just pulled the instrument cluster in my 2012, yours may differ slightly.
It's very easy to remove, a handful of 7mm bolts to pull the trim panels around it, a few more to pull the cluster, 2 connectors on the back.
I've had clusters out of crown victorias before, these are different. It's a little more involved to open one of these up. You may want to find a junkyard unit to get a better look at.
Your mileage should be stored in your pcm. Your trip meters will reset when you pull the cluster though, at least mine did.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Changing the speedo overlay would be the simplest solution and would not require any reprogramming. The odometer will still be in miles.