Spit out #2 again....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tonydiv

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Well, I'm $421 lighter but the truck is fixed.
The only thing that concerns me is that the service manager kept using the term "heli-coil" and even put it on the reciept. He told me that they use an "insert" and that heil-coil was just a generic term that he used to help people understand. Unfortunately, the tech wasn't around to find out which insert they used.

Oh, funny thing though, he quoted me $475 over the phone and the bill came out to be EXACTLY $475 after tax, shop fees, etc. Tell me that they didn't start with the total and work backwards. Maybe I should have taken it in without getting the estimate first.

(The $421 comes from the "coupon" that the cashier applied, because she said I was always friendly to her when I sold cars there, 8 years ago)

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
glad you got it fixed and that is a conspiracy that they new the exact price with tax.... unless they do that job everyday????bb:rolleyes::rolleyes: