started painting my car today!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blacklow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well i finally got a chance to finish my car, so i talking painting it today, im going with a house of colors hot rod flat white. i want to go with somthing diffrent then all they glossy colors heres a couple of pics, i started painting it in pieces so i can get every crack.
front bumper close up:
DSCI0036.jpg
[/IMG]
under door trunk:
DSCI0034.jpg
[/IMG]
front fender:
DSCI0012.jpg
[/IMG]
ill add more pics tommorro hopefully ill paint the rest of the car tommorro.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks really good man. what car is that? and what paint gun you got? i want to get one so i can start repainting my expy.

OP
OP
B

blacklow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks really good man. what car is that? and what paint gun you got? i want to get one so i can start repainting my expy.

its my ford zx2, its just a cheap kobalt spray gun from lowes. but it sprays really good. i had it for like 4 or 5 years, there like maybe $80.00. if you looking to get a good gun at a ok price, that will be the one to get.

Eric

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does it get a clear coat, and if so will it remain flat? Can't wait to see what it looks like. What was the factory color?

OP
OP
B

blacklow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does it get a clear coat, and if so will it remain flat? Can't wait to see what it looks like. What was the factory color?

no, it dont go with clear, its just 4 parts paint, 1 part reducer, and 1 part activator. the activator kind of takes the place of the clear, sort of like when your painting single stage paint. the factory color was a dark blue color.