Steering stabilizer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slo-ryd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Noticed a shimmy after going over big bumps with my 35" tires on the Expy. After calling a few of my suppliers I found that Moog made a retro-fit damper kit for these trucks. I installed it today and even though I currently have my stock wheels and tires on for a trip this weekend, I can tell a big difference in the way the truck handles!

Attachments

• Moog shock.jpg
    Moog shock.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 2,488

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ive always wondered if these worked on these trucks. and i guess they do. you install it ur self?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats kool. i might get one. since my trucks been in her accident shes never road correctly. tires become unbalanced and she rides right. haha i might get one and see if that helps with the bounce a little bit. whats the parts number for it?

Last edited:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im running a rough country stabilizer... i also notice a shimmy after bumps when i put the 35's on... i wouldn't run without it now

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
by shimmy you mean a little wobble in the steerin wheel yes? cuz i am getting that now. i thought maybe the tires were out of balance. and it doesnt wobble all the time, just once in awhile.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
by shimmy you mean a little wobble in the steerin wheel yes? cuz i am getting that now. i thought maybe the tires were out of balance. and it doesnt wobble all the time, just once in awhile.

yes thats what i mean... mine would do after hitting a bump with just one front tire, or the ruts on the freeway, or after hitting the rubles strips after passing on a 2 lane.. and then it would go away i just didn't like how it felt

Last edited:

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have a shimmy cause my truck was in a big accident where she got all new front right components. well... who knows if they were new. damn stealerships i know how they work. but they were new to her. but ever since that i think my tires get out balance so i rotate them and nothing. so i think something with the steering is screwed up. im going to save up for one of these. weather rancho or moss im going to get one. so then that way when i do go bigger ill already have it.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah maybe I'll get one.... i need it bad but keep buying other stuff lol...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire