Steering stabilizer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it connects to the frame and steering linkage. jeeps have them. but theirs connect to them on the axle. and i know i love the rain. but my lead foot sucks with cars coming. haha o well. and i dont think our trucks had them i know excursions had them. well some of them.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well i found a rough country one at jcwhitney for 63 bucks shipped. thinking about getting it cuz i cant stand that damn shimmy anymore. it just started happening. and i think im gonna cut my brown wire if it stops raining tomorrow cuz i cant get that damn vibration to go away when i turn. it gets worse the sharper i turn so im thinking its the A4WD engaging. i have no idea. gonna post in the other section.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im gonna get one too. cause i have a shimmy from when my truck was in that accident years ago. and you could cut the wire then extent the wire into the cab and hook it to a switch. itll be nice to able to have 4wd in the cab instead of going out and reconnecting the wire.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well from what i am reading on the forum, you still hav 4wd hi and lo, just no A4wd, which i am okay with. dont need it. if i am in a bind where i think i will need it, i can just run 4hi.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah me too. i nvr use 4awd unless in weather like this. like my gf took my keys to go do errons and i made sure she put it in 4awd. i put in on b4 she left. dont need her skidding out on the freeway. haha

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
KWT,
is your shimmy gone? also, this hooks to the frame and the suspension correct? so this thing mounts pretty quickly correct? also, do we have one of these OEM on our trucks? is it located behind the skid plate? sorry for all the questions but its raining like hell here and my truck doesnt fit in the garage so....

yes the shimmy is gone and so is the bump steer from the larger tires... and it bolts to the rear suspension cross member and to the steering linkage

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you got a pic of yours KWT?

i sure do here they are...

this is the bracket to the crossmember
1121001050.jpg

this is where it hooks to the steering linkage
1121001050a.jpg

and here is the whole thing i barley misses the actuactor
1121001050b.jpg

Last edited:

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well, finally got it installed. pain in the....had to "customize" the bracket a little because of the lift kit but other than that. one of the bolts going throught the lift kit was a ******. thank god for PB and air tools!

X1994J

Reaction score
well, finally got it installed. pain in the....had to "customize" the bracket a little because of the lift kit but other than that. one of the bolts going throught the lift kit was a ******. thank god for PB and air tools!

Did it help with the vibes/wobble?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire