Sync v3.3 Update Successful

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ynpmoose

Reaction score
I have noticed an annoying tendency to default to AM when I was listening to FM or SiriusXM and leave the vehicle.

I have this same issue. (Sync 3.0) Interestingly, if you use remote start, it's fine and returns to the audio source as expected. But if you key start, it usually goes to AM radio, but not always...

I'm also finding that it's constantly prompting about WiFi updates, even though I turned all that off.

Last edited:

iaazan

Reaction score
Going from 1.0 to 2.0 or later you are will get Android Auto and if you have the upgraded hub that comes on the 2017 CarPlay.

I upgraded the hub on my 2016. Part runs $50-65 bucks, list price is $100. Cheapest dealer I found selling it for $50 wanted $15 shipping. You will need a couple nylon interior tools to pry out the old one.
What’s this hub you speak of?

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2016 model year were told they could have a software update for CarPlay. When it finally became available the press release had a footnote saying a hardware upgrade was also needed. HC3Z-19A387-B is the part number. It is the two USB port module inside the center console storage area for the 2016’s. 2017 and later come with the newer part already.

You can still upgrade the software without it and get Android Auto but CarPlay requires the upgraded module.

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2016 model year were told they could have a software update for CarPlay. When it finally became available the press release had a footnote saying a hardware upgrade was also needed. HC3Z-19A387-B is the part number. It is the two USB port module inside the center console storage area for the 2016’s. 2017 and later come with the newer part already.

You can still upgrade the software without it and get Android Auto but CarPlay requires the upgraded module.
Is that available for '14?
Thanks

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is that available for '14?
Thanks

No The USB hub was a sore point for me. The entire time the 2016 model was being sold they said CarPlay would come with an update for all models with Sync 3 Infotainment system. Salesmen were still saying it when I bought my 2016 as a certified preowned in January, 2018. Then when the update came in May, 2017 buried in a footnote was the need for a hardware upgrade which is this hub or the similar one with one port for vehicles that have one port.

G213

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I successfully updated to v3.0 last night and was able to get Waze up and running on my 2016.

I started with version v1.0 and the old USB hub. Upgraded the USB hub and went to v2.2. From there, I went to v3.0.

Waze is a bit laggy, hopefully a new release of the app will help. (Yes, you do have to disable CarPlay for it to work, since Waze runs on the AppLink)

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I successfully updated to v3.0 last night and was able to get Waze up and running on my 2016.

I started with version v1.0 and the old USB hub. Upgraded the USB hub and went to v2.2. From there, I went to v3.0.

Waze is a bit laggy, hopefully a new release of the app will help. (Yes, you do have to disable CarPlay for it to work, since Waze runs on the AppLink)
Where did you find the files to update from 1.0?