Sync3 2.3 to 3.0 upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rodman2185

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my 2017 Limited Sync3 from version 2.3 to 3.0. The upgrade went well but I now can't use the voice control on the steering wheel to command Sync using my voice to send a text message or reply to an new incoming message using voice. Using my Samsung S9 only connected via bluetooth I was able to do this before the upgrade. Now the only options to send a reply are the canned responses already programmed in Sync. However, If if I connect via cable using Android Auto I can dictate new text messages like I was able to do before the upgrade. I've search the forums for this problem as I'm sure many here have done this upgrade. I've looked for the software to revert back to 2.3 but I've not been able to find it or even determine if I can downgrade back to that version. I've tried deleting my phone from Sync and re-adding it but that didn't resolve the problem.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recently upgraded my 2017 Limited Sync3 from version 2.3 to 3.0. The upgrade went well but I now can't use the voice control on the steering wheel to command Sync using my voice to send a text message or reply to an new incoming message using voice. Using my Samsung S9 only connected via bluetooth I was able to do this before the upgrade. Now the only options to send a reply are the canned responses already programmed in Sync. However, If if I connect via cable using Android Auto I can dictate new text messages like I was able to do before the upgrade. I've search the forums for this problem as I'm sure many here have done this upgrade. I've looked for the software to revert back to 2.3 but I've not been able to find it or even determine if I can downgrade back to that version. I've tried deleting my phone from Sync and re-adding it but that didn't resolve the problem.

1)Try deleting your phone, and deleting Sync from your phone. Must do it on both sides.

2)Rerun the upgrade

3)2 Resets in a row. Next Track and Power button at the same time.

OP
OP
R

rodman2185

Reaction score
I deleted the phone pairing on phone and sync.
Reinstalled the 3.0 upgrade. Completed okay with no errors.
Did the 2 resets.
No change. Still can't send a text using Sync. Overall this version seems to have more problems than Version 2.3 especially with understanding voice commands. Seems that many of the voice commands that used to work now result in an unintended action from Sync or the "I do not understand" message.

Assuming that I could get the file for the previous version is it even possible to downgrade back?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You have to go to 2.2, then back up to 2.3.

I have less issues and general improvements with voice command under all conditions.

I use an iPhone.

Is your Android phone up to date?