Synch 3 Wifi update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe 2.2 will give you Android Auto and Apple Careplay support. Note that your truck must have the upgraded USB hub installed for this to work so it isn't just a software fix.

Andy said most of it. 2.X gives you Android Auto and Car Play. If you have a Late 2016 or 2017 most likely you do not need an updated Hub. The Newer hub is only needed for Car Play, Android Auto works with any version of the hub that comes with a Sync 3 equipped vehicle.

2.X also had several improvements in the voice prompts, it has less delay, and seems to be more concise in it's response.

GeezingInVA

Reaction score
2.X also had several improvements in the voice prompts, it has less delay, and seems to be more concise in it's response.

It may be my imagination, but,... I think I need to go tweak a setting somewhere because after my update to 2.2 I have to touch the soft keys twice every time to get it to recognize I've pressed the screen. It's pretty consistent that way now. :/

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just updated to 2.2 with no issues, and lo and behold I now get traffic data. Prior to the update, I would only get traffic data if I left Virginia and entered Maryland. This morning, the data popped right up. A pleasant surprise that cures my only complaint about Sync 3.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It may be my imagination, but,... I think I need to go tweak a setting somewhere because after my update to 2.2 I have to touch the soft keys twice every time to get it to recognize I've pressed the screen. It's pretty consistent that way now. :/

Have you done the reboot that I mentioned above. 2 in a row will normally clear those types of issues.

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The way I read the Ford note, it is only good for up to 2015 Expeditions. I believe it was done in 2016, and the one in my February 2017 production Expedition has been out of date on my daughters address. $159 is a price rate when Garmin includes it for free!!

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way I read the Ford note, it is only good for up to 2015 Expeditions. I believe it was done in 2016, and the one in my February 2017 production Expedition has been out of date on my daughters address. $159 is a price rate when Garmin includes it for free!!
That's what happens when you have the factory navigation that can't update itself from the internet. I like Waze on my iPhone, it's free, it's always update, and the only thing that I wish is that it would work in CarPlay on the center screen in the truck.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
FWIW, I noticed that Sync 3 v2.3 seems to be the current version. Not certain what visible changes there are between 2.2 & 2.3