The "New" Expedition I tried to make it look somewhat acceptable..lol.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
The new Expedition was designed by a women, for women. Ford has slowly taken everything truck like(that owners liked), out of it. Right down to its sissy, "knob" shifter. The front looks like a boring Explorer. The side looks like a ugly Tahoe. The price has gone up, due to wifi, other stupid gadgets and lone, ECO Boost motor option(the most expensive gas engine, Ford makes).

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree on that knob shifter that thing is a joke. Its just silly. I don’t even like center console shifters. Give us a real column shifter!!!

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Well i agree with you to a limit, the knob is rather silly, but the best shifter to have is a center console shifter, the steering column shifter isn't the greatest thing to have If you have a short structure (short arms) forcing you to lean up on your seat just to shift.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Well i agree with you to a limit, the knob is rather silly, but the best shifter to have is a center console shifter, the steering column shifter isn't the greatest thing to have If you have a short structure (short arms) forcing you to lean up on your seat just to shift.
Ford is trying to make them more appealing to short women drivers who complained they were hard to get into and just "too Big". I say go buy a Rav4 not a Expedition.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Times change, Dudes. Nothing stays the same. Remember Dad telling you that? Think of how he felt.

Fords are still made in America, unlike most of GM's offerings and the money's not shipped offshore like with the *** trucks. Yea, the new lineup's lame and the cars are designed for Girly Men and for Women. Perhaps that's the market for $70,000 station wagons. Maybe a Bronco woun't fetch that price from anyone who pees standing up. I give them credit for knowing that at least.

The Ecomax was basically mandated by the Obama Democrats who pushed absurd CAFE standards on the American automaker, nearly bankrupting them.

I wouldn't buy a new Explorer now. There's too many of the ones I like still around. But in ten years, when my 08's done, that 2018 may be the best choice around. No, I'll never by a truck made by Mexicans nor one that enriches executives in the Far East. SO until something better comes alone, I'll stand by my Fords.

Eddie, New York
08 Expedition SSV
11 Expedition SSV
10 Explorer
05 Taurus
67 Econoline Truck

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear you there man. My grandfather who hasn’t been around since 2002 ordered a suburban brand new, his Request was that it has to be made here or no deal. When he took delivery and looked at the sticker it was made in Mexico so he told the dealer to screw themselves. They gave the excuse that the govt buys all the US made ones so it was hard for civilians to get orders fulfilled from the US plant. I usually buy Ford but im not liking their current direction all that much time will tell.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also does CAFE not apply to foreign manufacturers? Pretty sure it does too.

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford is trying to make them more appealing to short women drivers who complained they were hard to get into and just "too Big". I say go buy a Rav4 not a Expedition.

Yaris