The "New" Expedition I tried to make it look somewhat acceptable..lol.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess the cop association and the monoxide scare put the milfs off the Exploder....

Btw, anybody else think it's REALLY stupid that they dropped the minivans, and now have literally nothing closer than Flex and Transit????? Havent they SEEN what loaded Siennas and Odysseys sell for, and like hotcakes at that????

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I guess the cop association and the monoxide scare put the milfs off the Exploder....
Another stupid, Ford move...phase out of the Crown Vic P71 interceptor. Cops loved them.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another stupid, Ford move...phase out of the Crown Vic.

Crown Vic. Excursion. Windstar. Eseries (!!!!).

People LIKED that shit. Whatever you think of them, these models had their niches. Theyd keep coming back if Ford kept selling em.

I mean seriously, how the HELL do you give up almost the entire Police market, and the entire Taxi aftermarket like that?????

Oh and killing the (admittedly lame as hell looking, but industry standard) Town Car for....that PT cruiser looking thing???? Mercedes and BMW thank you for all those industry contracts!!! Used to be Limo = Lincoln by default. now call a limo company or UberBlack and you'll get an Eklasse, 7 series, or Chevy Suburban

WTH is the point of killing pretty much ALL models with guaranteed return customers for life??? Except the Exploder, although a couple more recall cockups and that might no longer sell itself either....

PS ...is that **ALL** thanks to CAFE, CARB, etc. making it impossible to prioritize 8 cylinder models? If so, shit, they should've snapped up some small city car manufacturer and sold a few million Peugeots or Daihatsu kei cars or something, even if it's at cost or as loss leaders, but kept their core business untouched

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford has killed off many good models. They took a big hit especially on E-Series. That van came with the 4.6/5.4/6.8 and could tow ALOT, and a high payload. The new transit lost tons of towing and payload capacity and no 8 cylinder option. Your also talking a frameless van now. Chevy was going to cancel the Express and didn’t because all the old E-Series buyers moved to GM. You can make vehicles we like efficient, Ford refuses to do so. Which is why i may not remain a customer very long. I know many people who refuse to buy the new F-150 and Super Duty because it is so ugly. People get angry at me for expressing this opinion but it’s my right. But you can’t question their opinion or sh*t hits the fan. And that’s fine i will go buy GM Products as well as many others if they won’t sell us what we want. Nissan,GM,Chrysler,Toyota all have no problem making older style vehicles up to date and more efficient.

Last edited:

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Crown Vic. Excursion. Windstar. Eseries (!!!!).

People LIKED that shit. Whatever you think of them, these models had their niches. Theyd keep coming back if Ford kept selling em.

I mean seriously, how the HELL do you give up almost the entire Police market, and the entire Taxi aftermarket like that?????

Oh and killing the (admittedly lame as hell looking, but industry standard) Town Car for....that PT cruiser looking thing???? Mercedes and BMW thank you for all those industry contracts!!! Used to be Limo = Lincoln by default. now call a limo company or UberBlack and you'll get an Eklasse, 7 series, or Chevy Suburban

WTH is the point of killing pretty much ALL models with guaranteed return customers for life??? Except the Exploder, although a couple more recall cockups and that might no longer sell itself either....

PS ...is that **ALL** thanks to CAFE, CARB, etc. making it impossible to prioritize 8 cylinder models? If so, shit, they should've snapped up some small city car manufacturer and sold a few million Peugeots or Daihatsu kei cars or something, even if it's at cost or as loss leaders, but kept their core business untouched
Well said and so true. Ford also killed the Ranger. They put the 4cyl back into Mustang. I think it is time for a CEO or upper management change at Ford. Anyone who drove a Town Car, absolutely loved them. Cops in NYS, fought the early replacement of the Crown Vic. They want to build there small cars, in Mexico. Ford is on a path to a bailout. GM made similar mistakes. Killing Pontiac, Small, boring Cadillacs, Killing the S10, Killing the Monte Carlo. All these companies want to sell, is over priced pick up trucks.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is also no cutaway version of the transit available if you need an HD application guess what? Ford still produces an E-series cutaway. Engines available for it currently? 6.2 Boss V8 and 6.8L Triton V10, if anything shows the transits lack of capability its the still holding on V8 and V10 E-Series cutaway. No you didn’t read that wrong the 6.8 Triton is still in production today. it’s available in E-350 and E-450 variants.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford has killed off many good models. They took a big hit especially on E-Series. That van came with the 4.6/5.4/6.8 and could tow ALOT, and a high payload. The new transit lost tons of towing and payload capacity and no 8 cylinder option. Your also talking a frameless van now. Chevy was going to cancel the Express and didn’t because all the old E-Series buyers moved to GM. You can make vehicles we like efficient, Ford refuses to do so. Which is why i may not remain a customer very long. I know many people who refuse to buy the new F-150 and Super Duty because it is so ugly. People get angry at me for expressing this opinion but it’s my right. But you can’t question their opinion or sh*t hits the fan. And that’s fine i will go buy GM Products as well as many others if they won’t sell us what we want. Nissan,GM,Chrysler,Toyota all have no problem making older style vehicles up to date and more efficient.

Heck I'm almost surprised whoever is ideologically leading this head charge off a cliff didnt cancel the Superduty (...which probably made a LOT more financial sense with Excursion, Eseries, V8 Exploder and V8 Expedition in the stable, sharing and reusing a bunch of components and assembly lines)

Same dude's prolly sitting in meetings whinging "awww you guys SURE that just cuz its the best selling vehicle in America means we can't kill the F150 and replace it with a hipster-friendly solar powered hybrid moped/tricycle?????"

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well said and so true. Ford also killed the Ranger. They put the 4cyl back into Mustang. I think it is time for a CEO or upper management change at Ford. Anyone who drove a Town Car, absolutely loved them. Cops in NYS, fought the early replacement of the Crown Vic. They want to build there small cars, in Mexico. Ford is on a path to a bailout. GM made similar mistakes. Killing Pontiac, Small, boring Cadillacs, Killing the S10, Killing the Monte Carlo. All these companies want to sell, is over priced pick up trucks.

....overpriced pickup trucks with bling to upsell is pretty much all they got left. Although even there they kinda screwed the pooch with all those missed years on Bronco and Ranger, and doing weird crap like pricing the Raptor in the middle of the pack.

That's like bimmer slotting the M4 below a 4 cylinder station wagon....

And this from the trope namer for PONY CAR. Advertise Raptors and Shelby Mustangs loaded to $100k to get overgrown juvenile men in the door, then finance Rangers in XLT trim or base model sedans to the guys and Windstars to their baby mommas....sheet, any dropout can tell you that

Hell even DODGE gets it, make cars for flashy ads to sell other nondescript crappy models to the gawkers that arrive

Oh and dont get me started on the Lincoln MKwhateverthehell naming scheme....even if I ***did*** like any of the mark-whatevers, I cant for the life of me remember which is which....

wth is that funky looking crap named after, Mrs. Rodman-nee-Kim's newest failed knockoff of a 60yo soviet missile???

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Borrowing naming schemes from impoverished asian dictators = not a good idea

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Something tells me you have a long history of "mistaking" men for women. Accidentally of course, I'm not judging.....

David Filipe. Todd Hoevener. Hau Thai-Tang. Ehab Kaoud. 100% men. Google em when you aren't so miserable.

THAT is GD funny, I don't care who you are!

jeff