Took plastidip to a new level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't been too active on here lately since I got a '12 challenger and have had the expo sitting for a while. But the time came over the weekend to finally execute the plan I had since the fall....to plastidip the entire truck. You may have heard of dipyourcar.com or seen their youtube videos, but I bought the full kit from them. Everybody seems to go full blacked out and I don't wanna blend in so I went full white on white everything. Overall, the process couldn't have been easier; because of how the paint is removable you don't need to really mask off anything....just let it dry then peel it off the headlights, tail lights, and anything else that you'd like. Because of how I was spraying a light color over a dark, it took more coats and paint to get full coverage but after 6 gallons, 7 hours, and 10ish coats it finally looked perfect. In the end I paid 480$ total to fully paint the truck and if I hadn't told you it was plastidip then you wouldn't be able to tell. I'll post pics tomorrow when I can use the computer and not the ipad, but I was just too excited to wait

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How long will that last? How hard is it to get bug guts off of it? I thought about doing my front bumper and side skirts but by the looks of your pics, the side skirts didn't work out well for ya. I figured people getting in and out that my side skirts wouldn't stand a chance....

OP
OP
JTKustoms

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The running boards? i didnt try to paint those and i had started peeling them in these pics so don't base the decision off of me. Any white you see on them is basically overspray, not a real buildup of paint. But literally all you do to clean this stuff is pressure wash it and everything comes off easily

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man it looks sick. Want to see the finished product

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright you motivated me... I have a black grille in the mail now (current one has a hole in it from an unfortunate incident with a deer) and I am plasti-dipping my bumpers black when I get that on.