Torsion bar adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWD EXPY

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The driver's side is a bit more than an inch lower than the pass side. Any recommendations for how much to turn the torsion bar to even things out? Or any tips on doing this procedure? I did it once, about 20 some years ago on an old dart.

I want to give it a go this wknd. I know you have to adjust, then do a short drive, then possibly re-adjust.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Being you came on here asking for recommendations and then post "It's a done deal now. Twas ez." Without any explanations.
Would you care to explain the procedure you used so that it may help others.

OP
OP
A

AWD EXPY

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Being that no one had any recommendations to share, I just followed the manual to identify what needed to be done.

I sprayed pb blaster on the adjustment bolts, lifted the front end, tried a single full turn of the bolt, then a short drive, and found that it did only a little bit. Did 2 more full turns and still not near enough. Then maybe 3 or so more full turns got me closer. I noticed the passenger side bolt was turned in most of the way, so I backed it out a few turns to the same distance out as the driver's side. That got really close, and another half a turn put both sides at the same height. It really was simple and took about 20 minutes.