Tow/Haul Mode not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

verna2197

Reaction score
the tow/ haul mode at first only worked when it wanted to. Took it to the shop, got a phone call was told it was the button on the gear shift, they replaced it. They took it for a test drive, worked fine one time then quit working, so then I was told it was the wiring. They replaced the wiring said it worked great. I went and got my 2017 Expedition from the dealer brought it home and parked it. The other day I went over to my SIL house to pick her up, it worked awesome on the way over there, but as I was putting the break on it downshifted real hard, (hard enough to jerk me) anyway pulled into the driveway and parked, went inside, came back out and we started driving. Went to put the tow/haul mode on and guess what it doesn't work anymore. Called the dealer today and told them and they said they would have to get with their tech guy to see if they could figure this one out. Now this is a brand new vehicle with only about 5000 miles on it. Getting to be a joke to see if it will work or not. Anyone else had any trouble with their vehicle?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
An electrical guru shouldn't have any issue finding the source of the problem - as long as the dealer has the breakout boxes for testing the components.

Sounds like the dealer has been tossing parts at it so far.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like the newer vehicles shift hard like that sometimes with the computers. All you can do is take it back for warranty work.

OP
OP
verna2197

verna2197

Reaction score
Yes it goes back to the dealer on Monday will let you know how it goes

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Their fancy scanner/diagnostic tool should let them "see" the signal requested by the O/D on/off switch, the resulting input to the pcm and the pcm's output to the transmission control module to go in or out of the OD shift parameters.