Towing Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
As far as the IRS,yes this is typical...you need the regular solid rear axle for heavy weighted towing and towing long distances...so for comfort the IRS is awesome,but not for towing!

IM going to disagree about IRS ,once the truck is set up right
front has equal spring compresion front to rear the truck should preform great
meaning proper weight transfer.

If you think you need help go to an RV dealer and have them set it up

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have to agree here aswell. the solid front axel is way more forgiving when the WDH is not set up correctly. but any truck set up correctly will have a solid feel and handle well

OP
OP
G

GXPY

Reaction score
I have squeezed the steering wheel so tight it is flat now. I'm taking everything to the RV service center tomorrow. Thanks to all for the assistance. Hopefully by Saturday I'll be posting what an awesome tow rig the Expedition is!

OP
OP
G

GXPY

Reaction score
I have squeezed the steering wheel so tight it is flat now. I'm taking everything to the RV service center tomorrow. Thanks to all for the assistance. Hopefully by Saturday I'll be posting what an awesome tow rig the Expedition is!

I started over and ended up one link tighter on the WDH and then took the camper to the RV store. They took it up another link and it feels pretty good now. I have also recently towed my ski boat for a round trip of over 400 miles. The Expedition towed that well and I feel more confident with it each trip. Still considering "E" load tires to help stiffen up the rear but I believe that I'm not used to the IRS as compared to solid axle.
Thanks all!

Poppa Wheelie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have driven on E rated tires for years now and you may want to reconsider to a D rated tire. E rated tires are very rough riding, it's like you can feel shadows on the road lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire