TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

toomanytoys

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Being that these wheels originally had the stem type I guess I should go that route. Now I just have to figure out where to get them from. I checked eBay and other stores but they all get both great and horrible reviews

brcknrdg Rob

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I have the band type now as I have a standard valvestem. I’m swapping wheels due to the fact that two of my oem chrome wheels leak badly around the lip and valvestem hole that and the chrome is peeling. I picked up a set of wheels from a f150 limited (almost exact matches) and just want to be sure with new ones

I purchased a set of rims that I was told came off of a 2013 F150 to put on my 2009 Expedition, they had real nice new BFgoodrich all terrains on them and they were only 850 for the set. Once I put them on they rubbed on the calipers a little bit and on the rear tires the hub bolt(? I think it is) is sticking out to far for me to put the center cap back on. I ground the calipers a little bit for the clearance and repainted them. I am not sure if this is a typical thing and hope that your fit better.

Does anyone know why this is? Can I cut that bolt back to fit the center caps? Should I just get a new set of rims?

Hopefully this doesn't Hijack your thread.

XR4Ti

Reaction score
Not sure which ones you have but as a data point, I bought some from discounttiredirect.com when I bought a winter wheel pkg for my 2005 Expedition (valve style). I now have a 2016 Navigator and they trained fine this past winter. I spoke with the manufacturer years back when I first got them and was pretty happy with the quality of them and the customer service. Sorry, I can't remember the manuf name of the tpms. So you might want to try discount to see how much they want (and which ones you need).

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I purchased a set of rims that I was told came off of a 2013 F150 to put on my 2009 Expedition, they had real nice new BFgoodrich all terrains on them and they were only 850 for the set. Once I put them on they rubbed on the calipers a little bit and on the rear tires the hub bolt(? I think it is) is sticking out to far for me to put the center cap back on. I ground the calipers a little bit for the clearance and repainted them. I am not sure if this is a typical thing and hope that your fit better.

Does anyone know why this is? Can I cut that bolt back to fit the center caps? Should I just get a new set of rims?

Hopefully this doesn't Hijack your thread.
I would grind that bolt down, it only needs the threads for the nut.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Being that these wheels originally had the stem type I guess I should go that route. Now I just have to figure out where to get them from. I checked eBay and other stores but they all get both great and horrible reviews
There is always more horrible ones and often their own mistake.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d avoid eBay for stuff like this and get genuine parts from Amazon or RockAuto, Tasca Ford, etc. eBay is notorious for Chinese counterfeit parts sales. Too many deep fakes on there, FordTechMakuloco just did a whole video on this subject with the counterfeit problem. You don’t want to install junk on anything that needs to be taken apart to be serviced.

Last edited:

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d avoid eBay for stuff like this and get genuine parts from Amazon or RockAuto, Tasca Ford, etc. eBay is notorious for Chinese counterfeit parts sales. Too many deep fakes on there, FordTechMakuloco just did a whole video on this subject with the counterfeit problem. You don’t want to install junk on anything that needs to be taken apart to be serviced.
Many are good though, that;s why they have feedback. What is deep?.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I have the band type now as I have a standard valvestem. I’m swapping wheels due to the fact that two of my oem chrome wheels leak badly around the lip and valvestem hole that and the chrome is peeling. I picked up a set of wheels from a f150 limited (almost exact matches) and just want to be sure with new ones

You might be able to salvage your old TPMS... then again, the labor might cost more than the tpms + install

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Or you could just stick them in a pressurized tube like I did. Strangely I get codes when I go up to 9000 feet...………..more pressure needed for that I guess.