Trading the Expy...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
youre in alaska too...cost of living is higher...milk was $5 when i was there in 00-03...it just hit $5 here in the lower 48 like last year...lol

before baseball...i spent $250-$400...depending how much i ran around on weekends...now its about $300-$500 with baseball

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
youre in alaska too...cost of living is higher...milk was $5 when i was there in 00-03...it just hit $5 here in the lower 48 like last year...lol

before baseball...i spent $250-$400...depending how much i ran around on weekends...now its about $300-$500 with baseball

Be glad he is not on a travel team or it would go up considerably. We have done tournaments that have been 100 miles away. There was one were we stayed the night at a hotel with the rest of the team. I will say though, that was fun.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they just put out info about traveling team too...up to him...

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
saw yesterday that it takes yrs for ppl to see savings when buying a new fuel economy car...said it takes 27 yrs before you see savings with a prius...they listed other cars...minimal time to see savings was 8yrs...price of car plus gas...

Yup. As the owner of a Civic Hybrid daily driver I can attest to that. My car was about $3000 more expensive than the similarly equipped non-hybrid Civic.
I've done the math and I save about $600 a year in gas (900 mile monthly commute, 42mpg vs 29mpg mileage), so it would take 5 years to make up that $3000 in gas savings. Not so good.
But I was lucky that here in Canada I got about $3500 back in tax rebates for buying a hybrid. So it actually ended up costing me 500 less than the non-hybrid version. I would not have bought it otherwise, even though I'm a geek and I was impressed by all the electric and electronic technology in this car :)

Last edited:

Shadowless127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Be glad he is not on a travel team or it would go up considerably. We have done tournaments that have been 100 miles away. There was one were we stayed the night at a hotel with the rest of the team. I will say though, that was fun.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

My ex's little brother was on a travel team and they had a 2003 Suburban. The amount of gas they spent a year was staggering.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i really dont want to spend my summer for traveling team...we have enough going on this summer...hoping he declines

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats why I paid cash for my beater 02 neon as a DD and the expy gets driven on the weekend...........

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

true, but gas aint that much higher then some citys. sitting at 4.27/gal for reg here.

Nathanialson 08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Utah has the 3rd lowest gas prices in the nation :) $3.58 a gallon at the gas station by my house where I fill up, but I did see diesel in the city for $4.20 a gallon which is ridiculous.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
true, but gas aint that much higher then some citys. sitting at 4.27/gal for reg here.

yeah...NOW...lol

Utah has the 3rd lowest gas prices in the nation :) $3.58 a gallon at the gas station by my house where I fill up, but I did see diesel in the city for $4.20 a gallon which is ridiculous.

outside of salt lake...who lives there!?!?!?!?!! lol