TSB for replacing the blower control module?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do I really have to do do this TSB?

Per the dealer, I ordered part 9L3Z19E624B which is not the number in this TSB, but I thought I'd ask. Did they upgrade the part?

TSB

08-9-1
  • EATC BLOWER INTERMITTENTLY INOPERATIVE - STUCK ON HIGH/OFF
Publication Date: April 17, 2008
FORD:2007-2008 ExpeditionLINCOLN:2007-2008 Navigator

ISSUE:

Some 2007-2008 Expedition and Navigator vehicles equipped with Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) may exhibit a condition where the blower is inoperative no matter what speed or temp setting or the blower motor is stuck on high speed or off. Cycling the ignition may resume operation. The concern may also occur when using the electrical power point.
ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
SERVICE PROCEDURE

1. Open the glove box and remove Connector C297 from the Heater Blower Controller Module (HBCM).
  2. Remove the right front door scuff plate.
  3. Remove the right side kick panel to gain access to Ground G200.
  4. Cut black/white wire about 8" (20.3 cm) from C297. Strip the end 1/4" (6.3 mm).
  5. Obtain pigtail kit and using the approved splicing methods found in the Wiring Diagram (WD), Cell 5, crimp the butt connector and seal (with shrink tubing) the splice between the 13" (33 cm) pigtail and the black/white wire from C297.
  6. Disconnect the existing 14401 single ground eyelet from G200 and cut existing eyelet from the ground .
  7. Strip 1/4" (6.3 mm) insulation from the 14401 ground wire.
  8. Using the approved splicing methods found in the WD, Cell 5, crimp the butt connector and seal (with shrink tubing) the splice between the 3" (7.6 cm) pigtail and the 14401 wire.
  9. Attach the new interlocked ground eyelet to G200. Torque to 11 ± 1.6 lb-ft (15 ± 2.3 N-m )
  10. Install the right side kick panel and scuff plate.
  11. Replace the HBCM.
  12. Attach C297 to the HBCM.
  13. Close the glove box door.
PART NUMBERPART NAME7L1Z-14S411-ABEyelet Wiring Pigtail Kit7C3Z-19E624-CHeater Blower Controller Module
WARRANTY STATUS:

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATIONDESCRIPTIONTIME080901A2007-2008 Expedition/Navigator: Replace The HBCM, Includes Time To Isolate Ground (Do Not Use With 19700D8, 14200A)0.5 Hr.
DEALER CODING

That Heater blower control modual is the same as the electronic resistor.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not let them do it? They don't charge and you don't have to do the work.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ptmares

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought if your car was out of the factory warranty, you have to pay out of pocket for a TSB repair? Not covered under warranty.

ptmares

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do I really have to do do this TSB?

Per the dealer, I ordered part 9L3Z19E624B which is not the number in this TSB, but I thought I'd ask. Did they upgrade the part?

TSB

08-9-1
  • EATC BLOWER INTERMITTENTLY INOPERATIVE - STUCK ON HIGH/OFF
Publication Date: April 17, 2008
FORD:2007-2008 ExpeditionLINCOLN:2007-2008 Navigator

ISSUE:

Some 2007-2008 Expedition and Navigator vehicles equipped with Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) may exhibit a condition where the blower is inoperative no matter what speed or temp setting or the blower motor is stuck on high speed or off. Cycling the ignition may resume operation. The concern may also occur when using the electrical power point.
ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
SERVICE PROCEDURE

1. Open the glove box and remove Connector C297 from the Heater Blower Controller Module (HBCM).
  2. Remove the right front door scuff plate.
  3. Remove the right side kick panel to gain access to Ground G200.
  4. Cut black/white wire about 8" (20.3 cm) from C297. Strip the end 1/4" (6.3 mm).
  5. Obtain pigtail kit and using the approved splicing methods found in the Wiring Diagram (WD), Cell 5, crimp the butt connector and seal (with shrink tubing) the splice between the 13" (33 cm) pigtail and the black/white wire from C297.
  6. Disconnect the existing 14401 single ground eyelet from G200 and cut existing eyelet from the ground .
  7. Strip 1/4" (6.3 mm) insulation from the 14401 ground wire.
  8. Using the approved splicing methods found in the WD, Cell 5, crimp the butt connector and seal (with shrink tubing) the splice between the 3" (7.6 cm) pigtail and the 14401 wire.
  9. Attach the new interlocked ground eyelet to G200. Torque to 11 ± 1.6 lb-ft (15 ± 2.3 N-m )
  10. Install the right side kick panel and scuff plate.
  11. Replace the HBCM.
  12. Attach C297 to the HBCM.
  13. Close the glove box door.
PART NUMBERPART NAME7L1Z-14S411-ABEyelet Wiring Pigtail Kit7C3Z-19E624-CHeater Blower Controller Module
WARRANTY STATUS:

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATIONDESCRIPTIONTIME080901A2007-2008 Expedition/Navigator: Replace The HBCM, Includes Time To Isolate Ground (Do Not Use With 19700D8, 14200A)0.5 Hr.
DEALER CODING

That Heater blower control modual is the same as the electronic resistor.
Stupid question, but here go's anyway. Does replacing just the resistor fix the problem, or do you have to perform the wire cuts and splices? Any idea what Ford wants to complete the TSB?

OP
OP
Miekk

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update.

1) The old part number 7C3Z-19E624-C has been replaced by 9L3Z19E624B and no longer requires the rewiring TSB in previous posts.

2) $52 from Tousely Ford

3) TSB's are NEVER paid for by the dealer unless you are within your factory warranty, extended warranty that may have been added by Ford to the effected parts reguarding your particular situation or they are generous for whatever reason they deem fit.

Thank you.

ptmares

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1) The old part number 7C3Z-19E624-C has been replaced by 9L3Z19E624B and no longer requires the rewiring TSB in previous posts.

2) $52 from Tousely Ford

3) TSB's are NEVER paid for by the dealer unless you are within your factory warranty, extended warranty that may have been added by Ford to the effected parts reguarding your particular situation or they are generous for whatever reason they deem fit.

Thank you.
Thanks for the confirmation on the TSB's. I thought I was getting hosed by my dealership.
Guess I am getting that part to avoid my a/c going out this summer.

AggieFCO

Reaction score
Have a 2007 EB and two to three times in the past had the HVAC change air direction (defrost for example to upper or lower vents) and velocity (from low to high) without any direction. Earlier today, my wife complained that the HVAC changed vent location and even temperature without any command. It seems as though having the system on AUTO has no effect on when this happens. Is this TSB supposed to fix the problem? Thanks.

AggieFCO

Reaction score
Wednesday morning bump. Anyone got any ideas if my issues are related to this TSB ? Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett