Up date to the skipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well relatively speaking plugs are not wet when pulled if everything is functioning as it should. If you have oil build up on the plug then you know what that means. If you are wet with fuel, then you are not burning efficiently. During the combustion stroke the burn should be hot enough to burn all wetness from fuel.

You can take a multimetr to the pgtails to see what your reading are. But based on your words as this happened after you replaced that plug alone, then it is something that you did that day that is causing it. Either you have a pigtail inner contact screwed up, or a spliced wire to the injector, or a bad seated pigtail not making contact, or a injector not seated properly, or air getting into the injector feed line. Or your plug is not seated allowing blowby on the combustion stroke.

I mean there is so many scenarios that it is going to bee hard for anyone to pinpoint it as most if not all possibilities have been mentioned.

Only thing I can keep suggestiong is to do a psi check at the fuel rail, a compression check at the cylinders and recheck everything in the general area that you could of cut, unplugged or shorted out.

OP
OP
T

Tommy695

Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips. Gonna try to recheck everything tomorrow and see my friend will check the compression at all the cylinders and the fuel pressure and go from there.

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
but it ran fine for those few days until I did change the #4 plug and pack and after that it has done nothing but run me crazy trying to figure it out.

I would try changing back to the #4 pack and plug that you took off since that is the action you took that seems to have caused the skipping.

K5rnt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would try changing back to the #4 pack and plug that you took off since that is the action you took that seems to have caused the skipping.

This is a good idea. Maybe not the plug but for sure try changing the pack out with the old one or switch the #4 pack with the #1 pack and see if the miss moves too. It is not unheard of for a brand new COP to be bad.

OP
OP
T

Tommy695

Reaction score
This is a good idea. Maybe not the plug but for sure try changing the pack out with the old one or switch the #4 pack with the #1 pack and see if the miss moves too. It is not unheard of for a brand new COP to be bad.

The one that's in it now is the 3rd coil pack I've bought thinkin I might have had a bad one and it's the second plug I've put in it. And I don't no about putting the old COP back in since it came apart when I pulled it out.

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you say that the COP fell apart when pulling it out, are you sure you did not drop something in the plug port and into the cylinder? Any more luck on the searching for other issues around that area since it is daylight.

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
(yes, what k5 says... Sorry k5, I didn't see you there...)

--------

#4 & 8's are a pain that's for sure... (if your codes are in those holes)

My experience tells me that even a 'known' working coil will trip a code... I played grabass with one (or more) for days before getting them all working. I ended up with 2 new coils that didn't cut it... (had to resort back to the best of the old ones)

Monkey around with the coil spring inside the boot... stretch it out a tiny bit so it hangs out about 1/8" or so past the boot

clear your codes and pull the #1 and #4 holes plug and coil... Swap them and see if it moves. (if you've not done this) -- Didn't read the other thread.

All you need to do is get the code to move... Don't replace with new (or old ones on the bench)... Replace plug and coil @ #4 with the ones that are in 1 2 or 3.

Remember to inspect the plug / gap and coil spring each time you remove / install... (not to insult your intel. or anything -- just standard verbage there...)

** I highly doubt it's anything serious (and I doubt it's injector) beings it worked before. (unless a mouse dropped down the spark hole when you first changed it out?)

good luck...

Last edited:

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's all good. That's why the rnt stands for runt. I get overlooked from time to time. Lol

I think me just needs some glasses...

but you could have typed louder you know! sheesh, -- lol.