Upgrade Complete_New Photos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice.

Makes me feel less crazy for wanting to spend money on mine.

How are you liking the 4.10 gears?

Rockclutch

Reaction score
Excellent bodywork and paint, must have been many hours spent!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
donl

donl

Reaction score
Nice.

Makes me feel less crazy for wanting to spend money on mine.

How are you liking the 4.10 gears?
I have been traveling for the last few months; out of the country and I can't remember if I replied to your question on the 4.10 gears or not, so apologies for redundancy if I have but did not want to ignore your question.

Short answer is that I am very happy with the 4.10 gear setup. Hardly noticeable under normal driving but very noticeable under hard acceleration. City fuel economy is the same as long as I avoid hard acceleration away from every light; have not taken a long highway cruise so can't comment on affect on highway fuel economy. The 5 Star tune has the trans kicking down to the first gear earlier than the OEM tune; different but keeps the engine in an rpm range that facilitates taking off again; I like the kick down.

I spent about $10K on the total project (half was body work and paint) and although I really like the 2019 Expy, couldn't see spending $70K for a big SUV with the Eco Boost. I will drive the old one and repair/replace whatever comes my way. I do plan to get it on a dyno sometime soon and see wha the mechanical mods did for power. At 160K miles I expect a motor rebuild or crate motor is in the future which will provide the opportunity for more aggressive performance modifications.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett