Vacuum Line Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VeeDubGuy

Reaction score
I purchased this 2004 XLT 5.4L 4x4 a few months ago and have been working on it diligently to get it ready for towing duty this summer. I just rebuilt the transmission, recharged the A/C, replaced the windshield washer pump, replaced all three blend door actuators, and replaced the entire audio system. Next I am tackling why the cruise control isn't working and I figure it is the cutout switch on the brake pedal, but before I order parts I have a mysterious vacuum hose I am trying to figure out where it goes. It branches out of a wiring harness on the D.S. down next to the steering knuckle. It has a support on it like it should be attached to another line and reaches perfectly to the brake master cylinder, but I cant seem to find a point where it attaches anywhere. I was hoping one of you could pop your hoods and see if you could find its home on your vehicle and share a picture. Here are 2 I took over the weekend, sorry if they are of a slight potato quality. FullSizeRender.jpg InkedFullSizeRender2_LI.jpg

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's the vent hose for your front axle. Don't plug it. Just make sure it's secured and not flopping around.

-Mike

JesseLamba

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I just picked a 04 Navigator, and had the same question about that hose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoot701