Warped Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rdlangston13

rdlangston13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rotors definitely do warp. If they didn't why would they put a runnout spec on every service manual in existence, since rotors made it on the seen in early 50's on foreign cars and one Chrysler in 1950. Lug tightness and evenness, stress from over heating etc, theirs a laundry list of what causes rotors to get beyond the factory specs. But as the others said, these days it's the cheap aftermarket metal. Remember what pop's said when you were a kid, you get what you pay for!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Well the vehicle is not aftermarket. It’s currently still sporting the OEM brake components that came from Ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only use power stop rotors up front since you can get slotted and cross drilled ones. I use something OE in the back, and always use Centric ceramic pads all around. I have never had an issue since and never have to worry about stopping and brake fade.