What are you doing to SUV this weekend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So today is my oldest son's birthday and since I bought this Expy for him I finally decided to replace the radio for him. Damn millenials can't find their way around without a gps. Anyway, I have pulled the factory radio and as much as I hate cutting anything I started putting in a double din HU. Discovered that the PO had spliced something for a CB or something into the power on the radio. Dude didn't know what shrink tubing was apparently. Going to have to clean that up. Cut out the back of the radio compartment and trimmed the radio hole. I do need to cut the bottom of the opening through to the AC controls unfortunately. That is next. Figured that I replace the o rings in the EATC since it randomly decides to stay in Defrost mod. I'll take pics of what I do before I put it back together.

OP
OP
1955moose

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With all the connectors available, not to mention solder and shrink wrap, how many people twist wires together, and half ass tape them. Then they wonder why something stops working. Problem is somebody way back showed them this hack way of doing things. They never improve either, they keep doing shoddy work like this all their life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sometime this week or weekend will be replacing the rotted out hunks of crap lower trailing arms both side are rusted right threw on the sides i managed to break the bolts loose and got them ready to come out when i get the new Polyurethane HD Tubular off ebay :)

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been looking at some trailing arms too for my Expy. $189, for all four with monting hardware.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B63PSB...TF8&colid=2W3NPWO8AY1YD&coliid=I1MIDFH584P18O

i paid $ 71.99 for lower ones only.i installed them today using my bolts cause they was nothing wrong with them, other then i had to grind just a tad bit off the bolt cause the bolts have a shoulder on them up near the head that wouldn't fit threw, no biggy done both sides in about an hour :)

chipete

Reaction score
Hello all! It's been some time since I posted to this forum. But I have a 98 eb w5.4 and my mouth been watering for a sunroof since I first got the truck 6 yrs ago. Should I go with a after market or donors roof from the yard?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello all! It's been some time since I posted to this forum. But I have a 98 eb w5.4 and my mouth been watering for a sunroof since I first got the truck 6 yrs ago. Should I go with a after market or donors roof from the yard?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

While I've not seen a sunroof for an expy I have had them in several cars. If its factory the roof is normally built for it with a trough to catch leaking water (because they always leak) with drains. Its not simply a hole cut in the roof. With that said you'll likely want to go with aftermarket. Having had sunroofs in my last 5 cars I'll likely never have one again. they are great when they are new but once the drains get plugged or the seals start to bad its just a big leaking hole in the roof :)

OP
OP
1955moose

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not to mention trying to find someone to troubleshoot the electronics. I bought a nice Cadillac deville about 4 years back. Moonroof didn't work, couldn't find any wiring schematic anywhere. The one guy in San Francisco that installed roofs wouldn't even touch it. On top of it not working, it leaked! If you go a sunroof, keep copies of schematic. You might want to keep an extra switch and relay around. Keep maintenance up on seals, water drains. Were in for a wet winter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thinking about taking my rusty running boards off cause there rusty under neat there for one and i thought it give it a higher stance,i would like to find a nice set of stainless steel nerf bars for it Does any body know if they sell the kind that bolt to the cab mounts i got a set on my 88 ford ranger like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett