What brand of wipers do you recommend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wali4vr

Reaction score
I agree with TobyU 110%. Wipe the blades with iso every few months and cheapies work just as well as the ridiculous ones and last just as long.

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I spent most of this winter with a Bosch Icon ($22.99 before discount at advance auto parts) wiper on the driver's side and a XtraClear Conventional ($9.99) on the passenger side. I chose Bosch based upon stellar reviews.

Why 2? I replaced my old wipers with Bosch Icon but the passenger side wiper doesn't completely touch the windshield because of the curve of my 17's windshield. There is a couple inch gap at the end of the blade until it gets a ways up the shield. I figured ice would accumulate on there since it's not touching the windshield. Sure enough it did. Luckily I was still in the Advance exchange time frame. All of the beam types had the same issue, they couldn't stay flat on the windshield at the bottom.

I bought the XtraClear because it would.

After a winter with Bosch, I hate it. Ice & snow build up is a problem. It's not with the XtraClear. I had to pull over multiple times to clear the Bosch while the Xtra was fine.

In just rain both work the same. When these wear out I'm sticking with the cheaper XtraClears.

I should of taken pics of the streaky bosch side vs the clear Xtraside during snow storms but I was too angry about how terrible the bosch performed and when I pulled over clear the snow/ice stuck to the Bosch I just wanted to get back on the road quickly.

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed the new RainX blades on my 07 about 3 months ago. I clay barred the windshield before installing.
We have had an unusual amount of rain since and in my judgement these are the best blades I have had on the SUV since purchase in 2007 new.

Last edited: