What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Flipped my Navigator, for like $400 less than what I paid for it 10k miles ago...and only because I got lazy selling it and had some bills stressing me out, so took the first offer that actually had cash money in hand

Back to driving the expy, then.

I'm gonna need a backup camera and some kind of screen (navi/radio unit? mirror with screen? Please advise!) for this thing!! That's one amenity I'm missing already

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Btw, anybody here in banking or in the know?

I only deposited half the take to avoid the >$10k paperwork and reporting (pretty much asked my bank teller "please count and verify this cash, then deposit half thanks")... how long I gotta wait to deposit the other half to avoid getting flagged with an SAR?

Or does simply asking the bank to count and verify >10k already count as "suspicious" and "reportable"?

...sooner rather than later would be nice, I want them credit score gains for zeroing out my CC debt so I can start running it up again :)

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Btw, anybody here in banking or in the know?

I only deposited half the take to avoid the >$10k paperwork and reporting (pretty much asked my bank teller "please count and verify this cash, then deposit half thanks")... how long I gotta wait to deposit the other half to avoid getting flagged with an SAR?

Or does simply asking the bank to count and verify >10k already count as "suspicious" and "reportable"?

...sooner rather than later would be nice, I want them credit score gains for zeroing out my CC debt so I can start running it up again :)
First there is no paperwork you do, FDIC insured banks handle it.
Second, it's not an exact dollar figure that's flagged, it's suspicious activities in addition to large volumes. $5k now and $5k in two months would still get flagged, depending on the auditor.
In reality, I'd just deposit it all now and simply state it's proceeds from personal property sales. It's not taxable unless it is from real estate held less than two years.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First there is no paperwork you do, FDIC insured banks handle it.
Second, it's not an exact dollar figure that's flagged, it's suspicious activities in addition to large volumes. $5k now and $5k in two months would still get flagged, depending on the auditor.
In reality, I'd just deposit it all now and simply state it's proceeds from personal property sales. It's not taxable unless it is from real estate held less than two years.

So "duh I'm craigslisting a bunch of **** because you guys sent me an overdue payment demand letter on 12 grand of credit card debt, yo" should be the end of that?

PS imho that's obscene police state crap. How the hell are the two $5k deposits months apart in your example ANYBODY'S business???

PPS hmmm... can I direct-pay credit card debt with a wad of cash and a credit card at the issuing bank's window, bypassing any savings/checking accounts and simultaneously making crystal clear what I'm doing and why?

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So "duh I'm craigslisting a bunch of **** because you guys sent me an overdue payment demand letter on 12 grand of credit card debt, yo" should be the end of that?

PS imho that's obscene police state crap. How the hell are the two $5k deposits months apart in your example ANYBODY'S business???

PPS hmmm... can I direct-pay credit card debt with a wad of cash and a credit card at the issuing bank's window, bypassing any savings/checking accounts and simultaneously making crystal clear what I'm doing and why?
Go to a bank where you have zero dealings and buy a $5k money order with cash payable to your credit card company. It may cost you $50, but privacy is valuable. Mail the money order/ cashier's check to the credit agency as payment.
Do the same thing next week or repeat at a different bank today.
This method keeps everything quiet and the credit card company won't care either.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go to a bank where you have zero dealings and buy a $5k money order with cash payable to your credit card company. It may cost you $50, but privacy is valuable. Mail the money order/ cashier's check to the credit agency as payment.
Do the same thing next week or repeat at a different bank today.
This method keeps everything quiet and the credit card company won't care either.

Say what??? I ain't trusting the post office with 5 grand

Btw money orders top out at $1k

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Proper full-removal throttle body cleaning.... very worth the 45 minutes spent

Just make sure you don't leave any small pieces of paper towel or rag stuck in the hinge

Oh and be around 6 foot (or get a 6 footer to help out) AND bring a footstool, else this process is gonna be a whole different difficulty class

craig sargood

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Coolant system filled, transmission cooler lines finished, ran switched power for electric fans into fuse box, installed cold air intake(had to modify because of electric fans), insulated and ran wires to starter(tapped new ground into frame),filled oil, charged battery, and tried to turn the motor over, but it did not work with the key, I jumped starter solenoid from battery to check the starter and solenoid, it turned over, so I continued to prime oil. Not sure exactly as to why it’s not turning over with the key yet( I did not check fuses yet, but dash lights up just no turnover) if anyone has ideas I’m all ears.

E4136C2A-C598-4EFA-94ED-5B8A33663818.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhrrington