What did you do to your expedition today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hit By Thunder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed the 2001 f150 bumper on the 97 Expy.
Fixed my drivers inside door handle, the speed clip pulled through a cracked inner door skin.
I am also painting my faded black B and D pillers along with the ones on the back gate.
Cleaned and painted the rear hitch,
polished rear bumper,
re washed the whole truck cause power polishing turned it into a magnet for dust.
Also took the power lock out and apart and cleaned the interior light switch on the lock.

Great weekend of playing

Oh and went to the auto wreckers for parts lol

Rob/HBT

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got tired of the ac running in the morning when I try to defrost the windshield. Installed what I will call an "ac override switch" basically, I wired a switch in series to the high side cut off. when I don't want ac in one of the other modes where it is default to on, i just turn off the switch to kill it. now, if I could make a reverse override so the ac is on when the knob is in "floor" I might poke around some Sunday when I get done vacuuming and washing her..

EDIT, forgot to add, I also replaced the rear door speakers. just need to replace the factory speaker amp with a half decent 4ch amp and get a 2ch sub amp and two 10's perhaps. not looking for over the top power. just enough for me!

Last edited:

mjlcobra

Reaction score
Cleaned my EGR ports from the TB-to intake manifold elbow. They were full of goop. Also found a loose exhaust clamp that had been rattling under there for a little while.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just did a round trip to vegas over the weekend. Im really happy with my expe

Im not a speed demon. but it was a downhill drive on a clear day so I figured why not...
IMG_4278_zps02ee94c8.jpg

mbaessler

Reaction score
Z168, nice temperature gauge. Have you did any visual calibration with the new temperature gauge reading and the position of the temperature needle in the instrument panel? For example the normal position for the needle is what temperature. If your new temperature gauge gets a little hotter under towing does the one in the instrument panel show any movement to a higher location. Just wondering what the needle in the instrument panel as really telling me. Mike

mbaessler

Reaction score
OK here is what I have done to my expedition. I'm original owner of a white 99 EB 5.4l 99,300 miles
Custom grill, clearance lights, mud flaps, K&N cold air intake with AEM dry flow filter (hate the oil), Flowmaster single in dual out, upgraded shock absorbers, Extream tow brake system with drilled and slotted rotors, heavy duty brake pads, Load range E Bridgestone AT Revo's, new plugs and COP's. Truck runs great!

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Z168, nice temperature gauge. Have you did any visual calibration with the new temperature gauge reading and the position of the temperature needle in the instrument panel? For example the normal position for the needle is what temperature. If your new temperature gauge gets a little hotter under towing does the one in the instrument panel show any movement to a higher location. Just wondering what the needle in the instrument panel as really telling me. Mike

hey mbaessler - Unfortunately I never paid attention to the oil temp gauge. As far as I can remember its always been in the mid-range. I pay more attention to the engine temp especially when its over 100°F ambient temp

but thanks for bringing it up - I plan to tow my daughter's car to San Francisco in the fall. Never used the expe for towing duties

SHAGGYS EXPO

Reaction score
Last couple of days put new wheels and tires on her. Actually got 315's under the front with just a small amount of fender trim. Ordered parts to do a small 3" lift. Pulled diff off and axle apart just to check everything out and give it a spring cleaning. Went ahead and filled her up with some royal purple.(pricey) and went ahead and put some new ujoints in the back shaft will do front shaft this week. Have never been changed and with 278000 miles can't hurt.