What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, regardless of what it seems, we are pretty cheap. Her car has low miles and she only drives back and forth to work. Plus it’s a 5 speed so it is fun to drive. The car I left was 14 years old and Had a quarter million miles and we couldn’t fit both kids and groceries in it. However, she’s next on the car upgrade list so she’ll get to pick what she wants... she wants to see the new Bronco so at least she’s got good taste.

plus, I do work... just not in the traditional sense.
im just bustin your chops!!!

Shaffer9

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like the fuel vectors... what offset and how far do they stick out? Sorry for all the questions

CE750

Reaction score
Looks good. Love the color. What was the total lift in the rear? 3”? How much room is from the front of the rear tire to the fender?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank u sir. Well I made the mistake of not doing a pre-measurement before having the 5100's installed, but I'm going to say it's closer to 2'" of lift in the rear. Bilstein claims 1.6", but it's definitely closer to what my ReadyLift 3/2 netted. I think the front might be a smidge over 3". I measure roughly 2.5" of clearance from the front of the rear tire to the fender. The AMP steps narrow the gap to around 1.75" of clearance.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does “first oil change” count for the purposes of this thread?

Decided to do it at 5K miles. Filled with Mobil 1. Sent oil to Blackstone. I do the same with the wife’s Lincoln MKS with the 3.7 since it has the internal water pump.

Didn’t recall when the plastic pan and drain plug went away, but was pretty sure my ‘19 would be metal with a bolt. It was of course.

have to wonder what purpose the cover serves. It isn’t beefy enough for much protection. Just seems to get in the way...

Did the change without ramps. Next time I’ll use them. For such a big vehicle it is pretty darn low. My Grand Cherokee had the air suspension so I could just raise it, change oil, and lower it again!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69