What I have been up too...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FtLaudBlkGT

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is the big question: How much was the total for this trip since fuel was $6.15 a gallon and a cheeseburger with fries was $14?

I think I would have to head for Cuba or Haiti since I am a government employee. :rotflmao:

Here are all the costs associated with this trip

$150 Port fee
$100 Fuel
$100 Hotel
$40 Food (as we had food on the boat also)

Extra costs that weren't necessary.

$240 New snorkel gear (Fins/mask/snorkel/knife/bag. Didn't need it, but wanted it)
$170 Passport renewal (I was a slacker and had to rush the renewal because I forgot)
$100 Waterproof camera

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well that is one hell of a trip and i would love to do something like that. good on you for doing it!
panda/talls, it would be a lengthy trip but probably no longer than the miami/bimini trip. of course, i wouldnt have had a chase boat either so if something happened, i would have been screwed! ahha.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i think the seas there might be a lil bit calmer than here, but not sure. btw nvy the flight distance from SD to catalina is 86 miles. And FT have fun and take more pics on the next trip.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i think the seas there might be a lil bit calmer than here, but not sure. btw nvy the flight distance from SD to catalina is 86 miles. And FT have fun and take more pics on the next trip.

sounds about right. takes a while to fly there. about 45 mins to an hour. depends on what plane, weight, fuel, CG, wind direction... blah blah blah. haha and the waves over off cat i herd are pretty bad if you catch them at the wrong time.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
true. forgot about how far we are away down here. from up north its only about a 30 min boat ride! hahah. and i agree, i think the seas are a little different here. i would have to leave early in the morning. my wife and i took a trip up the coast with them, almost to oceanside. we left early am and the seas were calm but by the time we were headed back down they had gotten a little choppy...either way, i think it would have been a fun trip. long but fun.