Where do you jack up your Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
oh deary me

another expert

expert? surely you are not resorting to passive name calling right now.
rather we should be discussing why these supposed tests literally don't prove a thing

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i commend your position at some kind of axle testing facility, however these supposed tests do not prove anything.
once again i need to repeat myself - the differential is a precision component. there is no way any of those "indestructible" differentials are going to last on the road more than 5,000 miles after running those tests. its quite silly of you to think these tests would even prove anything. yes, the housing wasn't completely destroyed, so what. this proves nothing. it seems that you are really going out of your way with poor facts and data. no offence

Going back to a thread that you made earlier you stated

"I kind of need this info as a crutch due to my inexperience"

And in reading all of this thread I must say that you have become some kind of an expert overnight.

As I posted earlier
"Just think WE have members on this forum that DO NOT charge or get paid to break stuff
But they want FREE advice on how to fix what they broke"

I think you fall into that that type

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
your credibility is fading quick

drewactual

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This guy is an idiot... seriously...

You may want to leave mechanical activities to mechanics... wow... I mean, you tried to jack your truck off the ground, something my 12 year old could do with confidence, and you made it "crooked".. your words not mine. And you want to question people's experience and knowledge because you lack understanding in structural integrity of a friggin' differential. Amazing.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im really trying to understand why you would think these "beaming" tests would prove anything significant, and why you would even bring such poor information up.
have these axles been installed on a vehicle and ran after this "beaming"? of course not, don't be silly now friend.
ironically you are calling me an expert, when you are the one who is claiming to work at some kind of national axle laboratory or something. and presenting ridiculous data

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This guy is an idiot... seriously...

You may want to leave mechanical activities to mechanics... wow... I mean, you tried to jack your truck off the ground, something my 12 year old could do with confidence, and you made it "crooked".. your words not mine. And you want to question people's experience and knowledge because you lack understanding in structural integrity of a friggin' differential. Amazing.

ahahaha, more name calling
this is amusing me now

quite pathetic, friendo

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
expert? surely you are not resorting to passive name calling right now.
rather we should be discussing why these supposed tests literally don't prove a thing

this "supposed" test is not just to test the housing. It is to test the axle assembly as a whole. After the test, the parts are removed, inspected many ways in the metrology lab including CMM and other analysis

sometimes, the axle is put on a vehicle and ran through a battery of on the vehicle testing.

They don't just see if the axle housing is bent and throw it away. These tests cost hundreds of thousands of dollars by the time everything is complete.

and American Axle is a Tier 1 automotive parts manufacturer for your information.

drewactual

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Watch out Big Brian, he'll get you on the ground and beat you with experience..... an asset all idiots possess.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just trying to explain the wonderful world of automotive development. The general public has no idea what all goes into producing an automobile

...I have stories that would fill this board lol

and for the record this testing I was referring to is done at the American Axle Research and Development Center in Rochester Hills, Mi.